Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yokes and fit
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering if theres a work- around for yokes.I need the back yoke, smaller in the waist area.But only by 1.5cm.I had to take in, when I made the jeans pattern, from the fitted pants.If I increase the dart intake on the front of the pants,would this make them too tight in the front, in order to accomodate the back? TIA Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi

With my particular measurements, I can't get the yoke to work 100% so here is my workaround:

To get the yoke,

Print the following:
Jeans Back - with yoke selected, reference lines on (Yoke back)
Jeans Back - no yoke selected - (darted back) top row of pages only which
included all the darts and the hip reference line.

Overlay the darted back over the yoke back pattern lining up the hip
lines and trace the yoke seam line onto the darted back.
Add seam allowance to the darted back
Cut out the darted back pattern
Fold out the darts on the darted back to make a yoke
True the seams

I end up with a much better looking yoke for my particular body
shape.

I hope this all makes sense- it's much easier to do than to descibe.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Janet,I shall try that! once I absorb your instructions here.Actually I can do a test on the 1/4 scale to see how it fairs eh?Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I made the full pant draft into jeans, from the fitted pants,I marked the darts I needed, on the pattern piece yoke section,and followed your instructions,to re- make a new pattern piece off that one.Darts folded out on that.SO my next pair will be even better.Thanks again for the help.Its great to have assistance with DS.Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10