Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    DS - Problem with size of screen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS - Problem with size of screen
 Login/Join

posted
Hello:
I have DS 6.09 which has been running great until we loaded Internnet Explorer 7.
Now, when I try to use DS, the DS screen is a tiny part of the larger screen (4" X 3") and no amount of tinkering by myself or DH has found a solution (and we have already tried rebooting). As such, I cannot do anything with the program because the screen remains small no matter what options within "File" or "Size" I choose - the other menu options are not available since they do not fit in the tiny screen. It also means that I cannot send a problem report.
Any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix this problem? I really need to design some pants ...

Diana

Posts: 3 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have DS 6.09 which has been running great until we loaded Internnet Explorer 7.
Now, when I try to use DS, the DS screen is a tiny part of the larger screen (4" X 3") and no amount of tinkering by myself or DH has found a solution (and we have already tried rebooting). As such, I cannot do anything with the program because the screen remains small no matter what options within "File" or "Size" I choose - the other menu options are not available since they do not fit in the tiny screen. It also means that I cannot send a problem report.
Any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix this problem? I really need to design some pants ...

It was unfortunate that Microsoft that IE7 was not made completely backward compatible, but it was not. Livingsoft has produced a fix to its products that makes them work with the new Internet Explorer. The fix is available free from the Livingsoft downloads page. You can:

1. Update your Dress Shop program to the latest version. You need not pay anything. You need not get Dress Shop 7. Just take the update and install it. Then, you MUST install the patch referred to on the Dress Shop downloads page. It is the patch that will make Dress Shop work with IE7. The patch CANNOT be installed on an earlier version of Dress Shop and work.

2. Or, you can uninstall IE7 and stick with IE6.

Those are the only options that will allow you to continue to use Dress Shop. I hope one of them works for you.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally found the patch at the DS site and it worked. Back to designing ...

Diana

Posts: 3 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post