Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

yokes
 Login/Join

posted
I purchased DSP 2013, for the yoke customizer and pants customizer. While drafting a shirt for my husband(men's shirt pattern)I increased the yoke 2 inches. After printing the pattern I noticed the yoke had increased but the program failed to take out that amount on shirt back. I made myself a shirt with a back yoke and it did the same thing. Now I want to make some jeans (pants/jeans pattern) for my granddaughter and have the same problem with the yoke (not decreasing pants back) but if I select a lower waist position the yoke increases and the pants decrease, with added inches on the yoke, so it really was not lowered. The yoke and waistband do not look right either. What am I doing wrong?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 17 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of those cases where you need to send in a problem report. You are probably not doing anything wrong. When you have the pattern up on the screen go to the top tool bar and click on "help". Towards the bottom of the drop down list you will see "problem report". Click on this and fill out the report giving the name of the DS pattern and describe your problem. You will receive an email answer.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank I will do that.

posted Hide Post
Sent a problem report in for the pants/jean pattern. I've had no response or help. The jean back side seam is longer than the front side seam. The back has a yoke. Has anyone had this problem?

posted Hide Post
Have you taken into consideration the pocket backing when you are talking about side seam lengths? It is part of the length of the front side seam.

Selma

posted Hide Post
Yes. Without the yoke,the sides match with the pocket lining. I am going to print out the close fitting pants pattern and draft my own jean pattern from that. If you have any other ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

posted Hide Post
I cannot replicate your problem with the uneven side seam. I have madw at least 6 pairs of jeans with the pants tool and the seams all matched even when I changed the yoke width.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sac:
Sent a problem report in for the pants/jean pattern. I've had no response or help.

MPD problem reports have always gone to Kaaren Hoback. Since Kaaren passed away on June 7th, it appears that the problem reports have been not getting delivered anywhere. We have tried several times to have these emails forwarded to me, rather than going to Kaaren's closed account, but, the forwarding has not worked properly as nothing has been received this month. I just modified the MPD web site service that sends the emails so they will now be sent to me, avoiding the email service forwarding altogether. That appears to work now. Anyone that has sent an MPD problem report in the past 6 weeks or so and not had a reply, please resend them at this time and we'll try again.

I am sorry that we were not aware this was not working sooner. I hope this latest fix will work better than our prior attempts.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post