Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Centre back seam in jackets and coats
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Centre back seam in jackets and coats
 Login/Join

posted
I know I'm probably just showing my ignorance but when I look at the jackets and coats ) boxy, blazer, overcoat for example ) they have a centre back seam.

I know I can cut half the back on the fold to overcome this but are the patterns correct?

Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the default is designed as cut two deliberatly. You have the option of removing the center back seam allowance before or after printing.
K

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its said that a center back seam fits much better than none,if you notice on mens jackets they all have a center back seam.Ive done this to my jackets also.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren and Freda.

I've never thought about putting a back seam in a jacket but I'm going to try it.

Best wishes, Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The center back seam can be easily adjusted to narrow or increase the seam allowance to fit over a true dowagers hump or just a rounding of the shoulders and that small pad found just below neck, or a curved spine lower just above waist.

It affords an opportunity for the user to make adjustments

We have no numbers that would sort how and where the adjustment should be made thats the users decision. but at least they have a "place" to make them.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post