New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dart tool
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Bob,

First, I have to say once again how much I love DressShop -- I can't imagine being without it, in fact.

Since I've installed 6.14, though, I've been unable to work the dart tool when drafting a fitted shell. The No Dart option won't work (nothing happens), nor will the low French dart
(it reverts back to the normal dart).

Thanks....

Sharon Marshall
Torquay, Victoria, Australia

Posts: 49 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharon,

Are you clicking on ReDraft? I'm on 6.14 and the dart tool seems to work as it should.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharon in Torquay:
Since I've installed 6.14, though, I've been unable to work the dart tool when drafting a fitted shell. The No Dart option won't work (nothing happens), nor will the low French dart
(it reverts back to the normal dart).
A fitted shell requires a dart so No Dart shouldn't be available(?) in this instance; to change the dart from one style to another click on the other one you want and click on Redraft. With the Low French Dart you need to click on the Adjust Dart, too, and insert the numbers you want to use in the adjustment, then click on Redraft. When you put your mouse cursor into the white box for number, read the popup text. Also, click on the "Tell Me More" link at the top of the Dart Designer tool for illustration and help.

If you truly want No Dart, use the Unfitted Shell pattern.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fitted shell is an odd ball pattern when it comes to that side dart.
You can select side, elegant or mid french dart.
to get french low the preset isnt working, but if you click adjust dart and set the dart angle to the number of degrees you want you can move the dart center line up or down the side seam.

a low french dart is generally between 35 and 48 degrees.43 works for me and that will function. Make sure your reference lines are on to get the placement where you want it. so midlien hits about 1/2 way between bust and waist.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fitted shell is an odd ball pattern when it comes to that side dart.
You can select side, elegant or mid french dart.
to get french low the preset isnt working, but if you click adjust dart and set the dart angle to the number of degrees you want you can move the dart center line up or down the side seam.

Hmmm.

You are right, Kaaren. I cannot remove the dart in the fitted shell. I seems that I used to be able to do this.

However, if we really want this garment without the dart, we can start with the fitted shirt and remove all darts.

The two are essentially the same garment. In fact, I tend to start with the fitted shirt for all kinds of things, then modify darts, etc to get the lines I want.

The fitted shirt is my favorite blouse pattern. Recently I have amazed even myself with things I have been able to do with this pattern.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn I agree with you there,I use the fitted shirt a lot also.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies Bob, Diane, Carolyn and Kaaren.

Actually, Bob and Diane , I could (prior to 6.14) choose the "no dart" option on the shell pattern and have printed a few variations. And yes, Carolyn, I was trying the redraft, but nothing was happening if I chose that option. Thanks for your suggestion to use the fitted shirt pattern, though, as I hadn't thought of that.

Of course I was in a rush and wanting to make the sleeveless shell right then (to wear yesterday, under the wrap front top I'd just finished that was waaaaaaaaaaay too lowcut), so I made it with darts....and I'm really happy with the result, so never mind. Smiler

Posts: 49 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post