Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Raglan Princess Jacket Pattern
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raglan Princess Jacket Pattern
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, the sleeve used in the raglan princess jacket pattern is typically used for stretch knits. Has anyone made a jacket with this pattern using a non-stretch fabric? Specifically, can you tell me if this pattern sleeve has been resized for regular wovens, such as, wool gabardine?

Thanks very much!
Marie - DS9

Posts: 2 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stretch raglan sleeve may be used for wovens as the stretch amount is a neglible 1%.

A heavy fabric such as a woolen of heavier weight would benefit with the non stretch darted raglan shaping.

Depending on which pattern you are actually starting with look at Options>sleeve> and make your selection from standard darted raglan or stretch raglan.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your quick response and advice. This one's up next on my project list.

Just want to say that I am absolutely in LOVE with Dress Shop

Marie

Posts: 2 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post