Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Dress Shop 9.08 with Hat Shop2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress Shop 9.08 with Hat Shop2
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am that Hat Shop 2 is included in Dress Shop!

Years ago we released Hat Shop one and I just love making my own Hats and Purses; but, sadly changes to Microsoft and Java made that program obsolete.

Its back! Bigger and better than ever with the addition of real vintage style cloche hats, and even fascinators and cocktail hats for evening and bridal wear. Purse’s from small evening bags to well sized shoulder bags that are capable of holding everything you normally carry and an iPad in a separate pocket and much more.

You can adjust the hat to your head size, crown height, brim shape and size and with less than a yard of fabric create sunning accessories that fit you, your lifestyle and your wardrobe for a fraction of the cost of readymade.

Complete construction details are included.

A supplier list for wonderful new to the average home sewer is available for materials like sinamay, wool felts, raffia, straw yardage, purse feet and magnetic closures, as well as embellishments like feathers and flowers is available.

Select a category and take a look- from simple warm winter caps to wow fashion hats there is quiet a selection and you can do it!

Details and pix here: http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DS9/HatShop.htm

Have FUN!
Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
How exciting! I must have it! But, I just want to make sure I understand - it's a separate purchase, no matter if I have Dress Shop Deluxe or Professional?
I have been thinking of updating to pro, so didn't want to get hat shop if it's included in pro. (It show shows up in the menus when I check the box to show what's included in pro - that's why I wondered.)
Thank you!

Hat Shop is a separate purchase, just as Doll Shop is. Both features are displayed in the menus when you select "Show Upgrade Features". Pro items are shown, Doll Shop items are shown, and Hat Shop is shown. All are separate purchases and can be mixed in any way with different versions of Dress Shop.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can not see, or find the hatshop2 in the new 9.08 version, looking in files, load patterns. I purchased Hat Shop 2 this evening. I already had the old hatshop, and my price was lower. It shows up with a code in my account. I downloaded and updated the new 9.08 version. I have the new version of Dresshop 9.08 and activated my codes in the 9.08 version. I could not find the hatshop files. Restarted the computer, redownloaded the update, did the same as above, and still do not see the hatshop. I did turn off the antivirus to both download and install the new update. I have DressShop Pro 9.08, have windows 7 and am the administer. What am I doing wrong?

Posts: 32 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must be one of the lucky ones whose old hat shop works. Still running XP so that might be it. If I install the update 9.08 to get the DressShop fixes, will it overwrite my working copy of the old HatShop?

Thanks, Vicki

No the old Hat shop stands alone. The new hat shop is found IN Dress Shop under Designer Tools.

The new hat shop has all the old patterns plus many new ones.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kaaren Hoback,

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Find Hat Shop under Designer Tools! Every thing is right there!

First download and install 9.08

then Make sure you activate under File> Activate .

Have Fun

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I found it immediately once I looked in the correct place - designer tools. Thanks again for the quick response, I was antsy to look at the patterns.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
must be one of the lucky ones whose old hat shop works. Still running XP so that might be it. If I install the update 9.08 to get the DressShop fixes, will it overwrite my working copy of the old HatShop?

The prior Hat Shop was a separate program. It would be untouched by installation or use of Hat Shop 2. You can get and use them both. But, the new Hat Shop 2 includes all the designs, options, instructions, and photos that were in the prior product - PLUS 30 new designs, many new settings and adjustments, and more instructions and pictures. The interface is better, too. Of course, those of us that worked on it may be biased about that part.... Smiler

posted Hide Post
There are some really cute hats in there! Any plans to add a couple versions of fanny packs? We aren't allowed to have purses on the floor at my plant but fanny packs are OK. This company constantly amazes me. Keep up the good work!

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
let me see what I can do.....
K

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much Kaaren! No hurry - I need to save up ( hmmm - or maybe it could be a Christmas gift) so I can purchase Hat Shop.

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since installing this update my computer is freezing. Has anyone else had this problem.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since installing this update my computer is freezing. Has anyone else had this problem.

Freezing is a bit vague. We have occasional reports of Windows crashing while a Dress Shop user is trying to save or print. That is always caused by either a bad install or a system regisry problem.

Freezing, though, usually means that the program is hung in an endless loop. There have been no reports of that, but on rare occasions in the past, we have had that happen with impossible combinations of measurements that the drafting software cannot resolve. If you can, when you run Dress Shop, load some standard measurement set. If the problem stops, then the set you were using has something nasty in it. You can look for that or load it and send a problem report and we can look.

When you run Dress Shop, the last used chart is automatically loaded. If that causes your freeze contition, as you run, then you will need to find and manually delete the automaticly loaded version of that chart. It is called MyDSMeasurements.txt and is a sub-folder named Dress Shop in your MyDocuments folder. For Win7 systems, that is in Libraries - Documents - MyDocuments - Dress Shop.

Just delete the file. You will lose nothing as you can load it again using "Size - Load Measurements" to get the copy you saved. Of course, if that is the problem, you may have problems the moment you load.

Best I can guess without seeing the chart....

posted Hide Post
Dress Shop isn't freezing itself. My computer is just running extremely slowly and locks up. I recently installed an update to another program and have re-installed that program to see if it is the cause. Thanks for your reply.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post