Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    One time crotch adjustment in MPD.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One time crotch adjustment in MPD.
 Login/Join

posted
I just downloaded the latest MPD and I had to import my measurements again. Now when I print out my slim pants pattern the crotch is way off. I remember in one of the Kaaren's classes she said something about having to adjust the crotch the first time you import your measurements from DS into MPD. Something about measuring from the red line at the crotch and taking that ammount out on your measurement chart. I did a search on the discussion board and can't find it. I also tried looking in the manual. Can anyone tell me how this adjustment is made. Thanks

Posts: 22 | Location: Medford, Or | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi sandy in the help menu, it tells how to do this for the crotch.There you will see a drop down lever look for the crotch/pants tool there.Moving the red line,first you need to see what mpd has for you in there,then print off a full scale of just the crotch curve, front and back,[not a whole pants]Measure how far away the red line is from the seam line. and then you need to reduce by that amount,sometimes it takes a few trials,before you hit on the right one.Please read the instructions first though,this is just a guide line,not set in stone.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In MPD when I go to the help menu the drop down levers start with User Manual, Directions and articles, View Intro Demo, Web Site, etc..but I don't see anything for crotch pants tool. Am I in the right place. I also did a search in the user manual for crotch pants tool but it found nothing.

Posts: 22 | Location: Medford, Or | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandy open MPD program then at the top of your screen look for [Size] click on that then click on test pant fittings.You should see the instructions there on that page test fit pants.Good luck sandy.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will post the article in the CLASS forum as its an MPD article rather than DS in a few minutes
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freda was refering to the article under Size, test fit pants..I thought you were refering to another article which is not posted for download under the class pages.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Freda but that is not what I am looking for. Kaaren...It was something you gave us in your class. I would appreciate it if you could post it in the CLASS forum.
Sandy

posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I just found what I was looking for by going to the club and under how to use new charts there was a link to the differences between MPD and DS..
http://www.mypatterndesigner.com/MPD/MPDdifferences2.htm

Sandy