Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Melbourne, Aust User Group Meeting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Melbourne, Aust User Group Meeting
 Login/Join

posted
Good morning

I apologise that I'm a bit behind on getting the user group information updated.

We had our last meeting on 24th July at Wendy's when Anne from South Australia visited us.

Our meeting schedule through to the end of the year is as follows:

21 August - probably pants
25 September
23 October
27 November.

Our first meeting for 2006 will be in early February or late January. Meetings are Sunday 2:00pm at my place. Please email me jhdean@connexus.net.au for details.

At this stage we haven't got any particular projects in mind - except our slowly progressing capsule wardrobe - so if there's anything you'd particularly like to have discussed or demonstrated please let me know.

Now I'd better get cracking on some sewing otherwise I won't have any show 'n tell for the next meeting Smiler - well that's my excuse for making more clothes.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good evening

We had a fun afternoon last Sunday with following some instructions in a recent Threads magazine about the most flattering V-neck width and depth. Somehow we managed to make something approaching callipers from a couple of tailors squares and a ruler.

Of course we will now have to try out and see if our calculations are correct.

We also looked at the differences in the leg drafts of the close-fit, fitted and semi-fitted pants.

MEETING DATES

25 September – Flatter Your Figure – making a full size croquis and identifying figure challenges

23 October – on the same theme – mini mannequins and their use in design

27 November - TBA

To allow a bit of extra time in case it’s needed, the 25th September meeting will start at 1:00pm at my place.

Our first meeting for 2006 will be in early February or late January.

I hope to see you at the next meeting. Please email me at jhdean@connexus.net.au if you need any further information.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good morning

A reminder that our next meeting is this Sunday 25th September at 1:00pm at my place. Please email me privately jhdean@connexus.net.au for details.

Agenda: Flatter Your Figure or HOAX – making a full size croquis and identifying figure challenges. As we will be tracing the body outline you may want to wear/bring with you a close fitting top and pants.

FUTURE MEETING DATES

23 October – on the same theme – mini mannequins and their use in design

27 November - TBA

Our first meeting for 2006 will be in early February or late January.

I hope to see you at the next meeting.