Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pant problem
 Login/Join

posted
Hi folks. I've been really lucky so far with all I have done with Dress shop. I am having a bit of a problem with pant fitting. This happens on the sloper as well as the patterns I am testing. I've got to much fabric at the top of the thigh in back. Right about at the crotch line. Everything else fits great and the side seam is right on target. I have to adjust a tad for a high hip but I've had to do that forever and it is second nature. What do I need to tweak

Kathy

Posts: 14 | Location: Stark County, OH | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The top of the thigh on the Dress Pant sloper is based on the hip not the thigh measurement.
To get a thigh "fit" you would need to use the slim fit pant not one of the many dress pant variants.

You can make minor adjustments by reducing the crotch extenions which means a SLIGHT reduction in body depth.

Too much reduction you get a "wedgie" ..so go by littles!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren. The words slim fit and my body in the same sentence is real stretch but looks like it may work. I drafted a slimfit pant at "standard ease," added a tiny bit to the hip measurement and added about 2" to the knee and ended up with a nice looking straight leg pant. It took out about an inch and a half of fabric at the "trouble" spot when I laid a quarter scale printout on top of the original draft. That was about the amount I was pinching out of the original pants. Gave more shape to the inseam and also gave more curve just below the waist where I have extra fluff anyway. The proof will bein the wearable (hopefully) muslin on deck for tomorrow. Probably a better idea to start with the smaller fit and work out rather than trying to start large and work down. I am not remembering some of the things that have worked moderately well in the past. Thanks again.

Kathy

Posts: 14 | Location: Stark County, OH | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried the new adjustments and they worked very well. Thanks Kaaren for getting me started on the right track.

Kathy