Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Greater Phila. Users' Group
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greater Phila. Users' Group
 Login/Join

posted
Friends, the Greater Phila. DressShop Users' Group will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 20, from 10:30 a.m. to about 3:30 p.m. in St. Davids. We'll break about noon for lunch at an inexpensive local restaurant - of which there are many choices.

Karen Stevens suggests this topic:
The Melbourne, Australia, user group reported that they had a fun afternoon following some instructions in a recent Threads magazine about the most flattering V-neck width and depth. Janet reported that, "Somehow we managed to make something
approaching callipers from a couple of tailors squares and a ruler. Of course we will
now have to try out and see if our calculations are correct."
We'll have the magazine issue for guidance - and photocopies for results, as achieved.

Another topic to consider: DressShop has just added an enormous set of patterns with drafting algorithms for men! Are you sewing for DH or others? What wonders can we tackle now? A third topic: it's September (which calls for fall clothes) and 90 degrees; question: how do you use fabric and pattern-drafting software to bridge the seasons?

As usual, show-and-tell will be featured. Karen's wedding-guest outfit has come out beautifully. Selma's using some of the newest patterns. Marj is proving the new sloper from our last meeting. What are you sewing?

Email me privately if you need directions...we're easy to find from the Interstates, since the house is less than a mile from the intersection of I476 and US Rte. 30.

Please, email me if you'd like to join us for the next meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 20! I'd like to have an idea of how many (for restaurant purposes). All are welcome, whether or not you own DS, stare at the screen, lurk in the on-line discussion, actually put together DS garments...or haven't a clue about how to use pattern-drafting software.

Marj Jensen
Southeastern PA 19087

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post