New
Find
Notify
Tools

Screen Settings
 Login/Join

<Arizona Kathy>
posted
Hello All, Am playing with the included patterns in MPD. There is some setting that I need to change.

When using the option boxes the default box that comes up is clear. When I go to advanced, I lose the bottom part of the box which includes the show it, done, and advanced/simple buttons.

On some screens, if I see the top of the box, I can click and get the desired result. No scroll bar to scroll down and see the rest of the options.

Am on a "Dell" inspiron 5100 and have tried a variety of display settings.

Any suggestions??

Kathy in AZ

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
When using the option boxes the default box that comes up is clear. When I go to advanced, I lose the bottom part of the box which includes the show it, done, and advanced/simple buttons.

The list of entry boxes that appear in the advanced box is different for every pattern. Which pattern and which dialog box are you looking at?

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Arizona Kathy>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:

The list of entry boxes that appear in the advanced box is different for every pattern. Which pattern and which dialog box are you looking at?

I'll go through and compile a list. Do I need the pattern numbers or names? Do I need the name that's at the top of the screen or the one listed on the pattern? At this point, am only looking at patterns included with MPD Pro. Have been to A-Line Jumper, Sheath Dress, Panel Blouse, Raglan, and Armhole Princess.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll go through and compile a list. Do I need the pattern numbers or names? Do I need the name that's at the top of the screen or the one listed on the pattern? At this point, am only looking at patterns included with MPD Pro. Have been to A-Line Jumper, Sheath Dress, Panel Blouse, Raglan, and Armhole Princess.

One is enough and name or number both work. I loaded the Sheath Dress and went through every option menu, advanced side open, and was not seeing any that did not fully fit in their dialog boxes.

It may be that you have a different low level screen resolution than I do. Default screen resolution for most systems is 96 dots per inch (dpi). A few users, generally those with laptops, have 120 dpi. You can check this by going to getting your display settings up from your system control panel, checking Settings - Advanced. If you have 96 dpi, then DO NOT do this next step. But, if you have 120 dpi, then try this patch:

120 dpi patch

This particular setting is too "low-level" for our program to detect. Windows shields it from applications. So, we cannot do this change automatically. But, if that is the problem, the fix is pretty simple and the patch should do it for you.

Do let us know...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Arizona Kathy>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by DressShopBob:

It may be that you have a different low level screen resolution than I do. Default screen resolution for most systems is 96 dots per inch (dpi). A few users, generally those with laptops, have 120 dpi. You can check this by going to getting your display settings up from your system control panel, checking Settings - Advanced. If you have 96 dpi, then DO NOT do this next step. But, if you have 120 dpi, then try this patch:

120 dpi patch

This particular setting is too "low-level" for our program to detect. Windows shields it from applications. So, we cannot do this change automatically. But, if that is the problem, the fix is pretty simple and the patch should do it for you.

Do let us know...

I am working on a laptop, and using windows xp home. I went into advanced under settings and made a change to 96 dpi (my default was as you said 120 dpi) This fixes the problem I have with not seeing the entire option dialogue screens. But, of course, everything else is too small to see. I'm willing to make the change to 96 dpi when I'm using MPD and switch back. This program is more about graphics and there is not so much reading. I just printed the manual so I can reference and won't need to be reading from the screen.

But... will the 120 patch you reference in your post fix the problem that I have in MPD and leave other programs as they are. In other words. Does the 120 patch change only MPD. I've had a similar problem with the Measurment Wizard in DS on this same laptop.

posted Hide Post
quote:
But... will the 120 patch you reference in your post fix the problem that I have in MPD and leave other programs as they are. In other words. Does the 120 patch change only MPD. I've had a similar problem with the Measurment Wizard in DS on this same laptop.

Yes. What you did changes all programs. The patch will change MPD only. Both will make MPD work. I would recommend setting your dpi back to 120 and using the patch.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the patch, Bob...it fixed me right up.
------------------------------------------------

120 dpi patch

Do let us know...[/QUOTE]

Ev Williams
williams.ev@gmail.com

Posts: 27 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! The 120 dpi patch worked, and the princess vest patch worked too. Looks good.

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pattern number followed by which option.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arizona Kathy:
quote:
Originally posted by DressShopBob:
Hi Kathy, I had the same problem, and was going to report it. I looked, and sure enough, I have the 120dpi as well.
Another way to solve it - When you are in an option, hold down your mouse button and slide over the bottom edge of the option screen. The rest of it will pop up. A little awkward, but better than having all your programs too small! A little trial and error on the mouse will help figure it out. Since it doesn't happen on every screen all the time, I feel this is better for me.
Thanks, Bob for clueing us in on why it happens!
Also, thanks to all for the extra patterns!
Ruth K, Ottawa, Canada
DSPro6, MPDPro

120 dpi patch

Do let us know...

I am working on a laptop, and using windows xp home. I went into advanced under settings and made a change to 96 dpi (my default was as you said 120 dpi) This fixes the problem I have with not seeing the entire option dialogue screens. But, of course, everything else is too small to see. I'm willing to make the change to 96 dpi when I'm using MPD and switch back. This program is more about graphics and there is not so much reading. I just printed the manual so I can reference and won't need to be reading from the screen.

Posts: 8 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post