Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tight sleeve
 Login/Join

posted
I have been complaining seemingly forever about how the sleeve drafted by Dress Shop was always too tight in the forearm. I always had to pencil in a wider sleeve from the elbow down (although the wrist area was OK).

Last month at our GPUG meeting, Selma suggested that instead of using my actual wrist measurement I use a measurment taken about 5 inches above my wrist. There was a 2 inch difference.

Yesterday I showed off my new shirt at the GPUG meeting. The sleeves are wonderful. Best I've ever gotten (and I go back to 1997 with the program).

Karen in Lancaster Co. PA

Posts: 20 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good suggestion, Karen. I appreciate that.
Along the same line here is another question about tightness in the armscye that does not seem to go away with armhole measurement adjustment.
I am wondering about the drop of the shoulder at the shoulder point. What is the drop affected by? The front and back slope? or is it arbitrarily set to a constant like 1"? or ?
I am being to think I might be able to tell the program I am going to use a shoulder pad (when I really am not going to), just to get a little more ease in the shoulder part of my garments. Does anyone do this? Thanks.

The shoulder slope determines the drop from top of the full to the high true shoulder point. Another way to say that is the angle of the shoulder line from full to shoulder point.
When the shoulder is extended the arm hole bottom drops proportionatly.

We use very very few absol;ute numebrs ever- if yoru shoulder angle is not correct adjust the "sloper measurement" decrease to lower, increase to raise.
Kaaren

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kaaren Hoback,

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sleeve hem widths draft to the around hand plus ease.so adjusting that number is another good way to get where you want to go.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post