Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    First Problems with my program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Problems with my program
 Login/Join

posted
When I try to open DressShop, I am getting a Script error message: "Line 718
Char 5, Error: Object doesn't support this property or method, code 0, URL: file//c Program Files\Livingsoft\Dress Shop\pattern.htm

It is coming up as Activewear II, rather than the full program.

Spring & Summer Collection
Dress Shop Activewear II
Dress Shop 6 Pro
Fashion Designer 2
Pattern Set #1050
Princess Designer
Illusions
Pattern Set #1052
Ultimate Outerwear
Dress Shop 5 Pro
Dress Shop Ultimate Pants
Home Dec Sampler
Fashion Designer
Pattern Packs 1001 through 1044
Pattern Set #1045
Windows XP Home
IE 6.02
HP psc 2410xi

Posts: 7 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try going to windows update adn download the latest updates for your PC,this may help.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is NOT my parrticular balliwick but it sounds like you ahve an update thats not attached to a full program.

You need the full downlaod first then active a collection.

With your isp up and running go to help and problem report, describe your problem in comments.

It may be a day or two we have lots and lots of work going on right now.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dress Shop Bob>
posted
quote:
Char 5, Error: Object doesn't support this property or method, code 0, URL: file//c Program Files\Livingsoft\Dress Shop\pattern.htm

It is coming up as Activewear II, rather than the full program.

I certainly don't mean to complain, but your post does illustrate a problem that we will need to overcome if we are to provide support on this discussion board. Since you did not provide the version number of the program you are using, we cannot know whether to recommend that you get an update, a new installation, or look for a hardware or Windows issue. An update is the most likely, though.

Also, without either your full name or email address, I cannot look up your account and see what you have received and when you purchased.

Again, not complaining. Just wondering what procedures we are going to need to recommend in order to be able to answer questions like this one.

I guess I would recommend that for program bugs (script error, program crashes, missing art - anything that is absolutely not a procedural problem), you should file a problem report, using your Dress Shop Help Menu - Submit A Problem Report option. That comes direct to me and includes all the information I would need to duplicate what you are seeing.

The discussion board should mostly be used for chatting with other users or asking for procedural help from Livingsoft staff.

Just my recommendation.

- Bob Clardy
(DressShopBob from Livingsoft Northwest)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Suggestion to administrators:

On another list I belong to the administrators post the HELP FAQ every Saturday to the entire board. In this way, the tenured of the group get a reminder of important info & the new people to the list don't have to constantly wonder where to find the info they need to post/get help etc. It's the same FAQ every week, not too long, just enough info to be helpful. Just a suggestion.

Ann in N.C.

quote:
Posted 08 July 2005 02:09 AM
quote:

I certainly don't mean to complain, but your post does illustrate a problem that we will need to overcome if we are to provide support on this discussion board. Since you did not provide the version number of the program you are using, we cannot know whether to recommend that you get an update, a new installation, or look for a hardware or Windows issue. An update is the most likely, though.

Also, without either your full name or email address, I cannot look up your account and see what you have received and when you purchased.

Again, not complaining. Just wondering what procedures we are going to need to recommend in order to be able to answer questions like this one.

I guess I would recommend that for program bugs (script error, program crashes, missing art - anything that is absolutely not a procedural problem), you should file a problem report, using your Dress Shop Help Menu - Submit A Problem Report option. That comes direct to me and includes all the information I would need to duplicate what you are seeing.

The discussion board should mostly be used for chatting with other users or asking for procedural help from Livingsoft staff.

Just my recommendation.

- Bob Clardy

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilmington, NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ann in N.C.

Are you the "Ann" that goes to the Atlanta Expo? If you are it's great to see you on here. How long have you had this program? Are you an oldie or a newbie Red Face) I was there for the Expo & dinner on Thur with another DS owner. Great time we all had. Wasn't able to get there this year, but hope to next year.

Bobbieann

Barbara

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I meant to say I was there last year for the Expo etc.

quote:
I was there for the Expo & dinner on Thur with another DS owner

Barbara

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobbieann:
Hi Ann in N.C.

Are you the "Ann" that goes to the Atlanta Expo? Bobbieann

Hi Bobbieann - no, it's not me - I've only had DS a short while.

Ann in N.C.

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilmington, NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to meet you, Ann. Welcome to this great group. Good luck with the program & just ask if you have any problems. The knowledgable staff are great with answers.
Smiler

Barbara