Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    center dart question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

center dart question
 Login/Join

posted
Sheath dress & ver 7
I can add adj waist dart width & add center dart to front but can't to back?
I have option for back darts but it doesn't draft it.
also I need different widths for center frnt & back. How do I specify that?

Jean

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unfortunately, there are many answers to this question the way you asked it. Waist darts can be suppressed for many reasons (knit fabrics, child measurement set, others). You might need to send in a problem report that includes all of that information to get the full answer.

Regarding width of front and back waist darts, they may be adjusted separately. In the Dart dialog, there are buttons labeled "Adjust Darts". One is in the Front dart column and the other is in the back dart column. If you use the front dart adjust darts button, you can adjust the front waist dart width. Similarly, the back waist dart width can be adjusted using the back adjust darts button and settings.

The center dart has only one width setting that is used for the front or back dart width. It was assumed that you would generally only have a centerline dart in either the front or the back, so only the single width was provided there.

Hope that helps some...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

after finishing adjusting the front darts return to the full dart menu and click adjust darts under the back darts menu- make your adjustments, and redraft
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what I really wanted was the shape so I could move it to the ss.

I just print front then move & then print back

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
what I really wanted was the shape so I could move it to the ss.

Use your reference lines- whwre waist plus ease purple line ends- thats waist plus ease sans the necessary collateralsmoothing ease I described yesterday and again in the newbie classes.

You will not get a side seam that can indent all the way to the waist front if that lien wont sew smoothly to waist back, nor if the dart tape ups above and below the waist wont or cant match by the numbers.Simply put-The dart take up above and below must indicate an equal value at the waist level so the larger of the two will be made smaller to accommodate the smaller of the two- that creates excess ease. You can easily hand curve a dart to allow more taker up as needed but the program cant do this as the program knows only numbers not curves shapes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post