Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    extra cup in princess dress
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

extra cup in princess dress
 Login/Join

posted
I finished and wore my Step- mother- of -the- groom dress yesterday. It was quite an experience putting that thing together, but it was amazingly comfortable for all the trouble I had with it. Most of the trouble was with the fabric I chose...not Dress Shop.

Much thanks to those of you who helped me with the pattern and the sewing.

One disturbing thing that occurred was room for an extra B cup boobie under each arm. The pattern does curve outward under the arm, which logically would made that cup form. Which measurement does that? That has to be fixed.

We (my sewing consultant Mary, and I) just took the seams out and stuffed the extra inside and re-sewed it. There was more extra fabric from the front than the back. It looks like the program is measuring a large amount of fluff under the arm, which I do not have. This is the armhole princess dress, but the fitted blouse has the same problem. I don't see it in the sloper.

Frecia

got it all. Running Dress Shop 6.19 and MPD pro; doll shop, home dec and hat shop

Posts: 34 | Location: Renton, Washington | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frecia, recheck you back bust and high bust. They are taken from the armpit...sounds like your are too long

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One disturbing thing that occurred was room for an extra B cup boobie under each arm. The pattern does curve outward under the arm, which logically would made that cup form. Which measurement does that? That has to be fixed"
-------
Sounds like it might be the high bust, we did change the darting on the princess quite recently (last couple of months) so if you have a 1/4 scale from that pattern and can compare it with how the the current version drafts and see IF its still there...if it is check the high bust; if not it was corrected in the design change.

so where's the picture!!???!!!

I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating the step son's wedding!

Kaaren

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to post a photo, but I don't get an option when I click "new" the way the help file says.

Frecia

got it all. Running Dress Shop 6.19 and MPD pro; doll shop, home dec and hat shop

Posts: 34 | Location: Renton, Washington | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post