Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    curved bolero front??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

curved bolero front??
 Login/Join

posted
Is it possible to get a curved front on a bolero jacket? Mia is wearing one, but I can't seem to get a curve in the actual pattern. Where should I be trying to do this? The shaper gives me the raspberry and takes the front closure out completely.

Kathy Warner
the works, 6.17 & patch

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mia is wearing a bolero with points in DS or a straight across finish.....or the Curved front bell sleeve bolero.which one are you looking at?

Dress Shop patterns are "hard wired" always have been not all options are permitted with all base blocks.

You can not have both a shaper and an assymetric front at the same time. so the answer is dependant on which pattern you are starting with.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Mia, both the bell sleeve bolero and the just plain bolero jackets have curved fronts. In the actual patterns, however, those lines are made up of straight lines and points. Aren't they supposed to be curved? (I'm not talking about the bolero with points, that's got its points in a different place.)

Kathy Warner
DS 6.17, patched

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kathy, you can approximate a curved front and smooth out the line with a pencil. It sounds like you have the shaper tool. Go to shaper and keep the side lengths the same, but uncheck the other box. Then go to the front hem drop-down box and scroll all the way to the bottom and choose Hanky-curved to center. In the "distance from centerline" box, enter 0. I chose -4 for the "height of points" box. This gives you an upsloping curve at center front, which can be refined with a pencil. Hope this helps a little. Love that shaper tool and keep learning more about it and it's powers all the time! ;-)
Sandy
Oh yeah, I was playing with the winged collar bolero. If you get that solid blue line, that is center front without seam allowance, so you can always redraw your front shape with a pencil, or print the front without changes, get the hemline you want, print the front again and overlay and trace to get your final look. Whew, harder to write than to do!!!

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post