Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Problem reports - modified rapture!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem reports - modified rapture!
 Login/Join

posted
I got a problem report sent from DS yesterday by getting the latest patch (h, released 1/26) and disabling Norton internet security for a few minutes. But I still couldn't send one from MPD (broke a facing, having too much fun with asymmetrical closures). Is there a separate patch for MPD that I should have run too?

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got a problem report sent from DS yesterday by getting the latest patch (h, released 1/26) and disabling Norton internet security for a few minutes. But I still couldn't send one from MPD (broke a facing, having too much fun with asymmetrical closures). Is there a separate patch for MPD that I should have run too?

There is an update for MPD available at the MPD site, Downloads - Latest Update. It contains changes associated with installation issues mostly.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drat, I installed the new MPD update, rebooted, tried to send a problem report with Norton on & off, IE on and off, and couldn't send it at all. I can get to the update page in a flash......

Kathy Warner

posted Hide Post
Kathy, sounds like you got the cold stare from your problem report that I got from mine when I installed MPD. I uninstalled it today and am going to try to send that report tomorrow. When my computers decide to cooperate with me, I will reinstall MPD and try to get some sewing done. You should see the line of fabric piles on my sofa!!

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathy Warner:
Drat, I installed the new MPD update, rebooted, tried to send a problem report with Norton on & off, IE on and off, and couldn't send it at all. I can get to the update page in a flash......

Kathy Warner
Kathy have you tried Nortons site for the Sym NRT tool.exe?this tools removes redundant files in Nortons.I had this happen to me and used that tool,not sure if this will be of any help though,you could try it.Other than that perhaps theres a corrupt file somewhere thats not been caught.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've asked everyone I can think to ask and they all suggest the firewall. I mentioned that in my original suggestion about this problem and your subsequent posts have not made it clear whether you have turned off the firewall or not.

You mentioned shutting down Norton and it may be that you are using a Norton firewall. But, Norton also provides other system security tools such as virus scanners. If you shut down the Norton Virus Scanner, that is not enough.

I don't know your system, so this may lead you astray, but if you have Windows XP, do this:

1. Click Start (lower left of your screen)
2. Select Control panel, then security center.
3. If you do not see "Security Center", look for a link at the upper left labeled "Switch To Category View". Choose that, then Security Center.
4. Look for "Firewall" and turn it off.
5. Try to send a problem report.

IF that works, you can turn it back on, then try to access your firewall setup or properties. Look for a tab referring to exceptions and make Dress Shop or MPD one of your exceptions.

There are many different firewall programs and these instructions work for the one that comes with Windows. For others, the directions may be different.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Kelly, were you sending a report from DS or from MPD? If it was from DS and you're using 6.16, check to see that you have patch H installed. That and disabling Norton Internet Security worked for DS anyway. I haven't licked it yet in MPD.

Kathy Warner

posted Hide Post
Bob, I took a look and the firewall is already off. I use Norton Internet Security, not just the virus scanner. And if it were the firewall, why would a DS report go through and an MPD report not?

Kathy Warner, mystified

PS MPD is much more fun than it is a problem - I love having all the options in one place. It's SO much easier than being able to change some things on Mia and other things only in the tower. And the pants are the best.

posted Hide Post
I have Norton Internet Security 2006.

The script may need to be "permitted" for www.livingsoftnw.com and www.mypatterndesigner.com.
To do this:
1. Open Norton Internet Security.
2. Go to "Norton Internet Security"/"Status and Settings". On this tab, click "Privacy Control". Then click "Configue".
3. "Privacy Control" window opens. Click "Advanced".
4. "Advanced" window opens up. Select "Global Setting" tab.
5. Click "Add Site".
6. "New Site/Domain" window opens up. Type in www.mypatterndesigner.com. Click ok.
7. www.mypatterndesigner.com should have been added to the list on the "advanced" window. Find www.mypatterndesigner.com in the list. Click on that name. Change "scripts" from block to permit.
8. Click "ok" on "Advanced" window.
9. Click "ok" on "privacy control" window.
10. You may need to repeat this for www.livingsoftnw.com.
You may need to close all browser windows for it to take effect.

This works for my computer, but you may have other settings that prevent the report from going through.

DS 6.092, Fit Tool, Ess. Act., Ult. Pants

Posts: 6 | Location: NE MS | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They go to different address's. the DS addy is recognized, the MPD may not be.

try this simple addition to your address book:
reports@MyPatternDesigner.com
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bob, I took a look and the firewall is already off. I use Norton Internet Security, not just the virus scanner. And if it were the firewall, why would a DS report go through and an MPD report not?

I don't know. They were written the same. I get reports every day from each. I do not know why yours would fail to go through where others do.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
OK, my problem report problem seems to be solved. It was Norton Internet Security, which was not working right AT ALL. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled, and I could send a problem report from MPD without doing anything more than allowing to connect to MPD when it asked. Thanks for pointing me to the right places, everybody.

Kathy Warner

posted Hide Post
Aha! I need to remember that when I enter my code for MPD. Norton Internet Security will scan your computer for all programs that use the internet, then allow you to select which ones you want to grant permission to access the internet. Not necessary to reinstall NIS to do this though, just have it rescan and reset those you want to have web access. - Diane

quote:
Originally posted by Kathy Warner:
OK, my problem report problem seems to be solved. It was Norton Internet Security, which was not working right AT ALL. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled, and I could send a problem report from MPD without doing anything more than allowing to connect to MPD when it asked.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post