Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How to construct Stretch Mini-Dress from the Sew Quick Summer Casuals.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to construct Stretch Mini-Dress from the Sew Quick Summer Casuals.
 Login/Join

posted
The pattern I am trying to put together is the Stretch Mini-Dress from the Sew Quick Summer Casuals. The skirt section shows a fold over casing. What is the best way to attatch the bodice to Skirt and still end up with a casing for the elastic? I am drawing a big blank!
Joanne Damon

Posts: 20 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a good question, but I would like to expand that question.

Is this dress supposed to have an elastic casing around the center? Do you put elastic into the skirt and then attached to the bodice part?

If there is not supposed to be an elastic casing, then I think it is a drafting error and all you would need is a 5/8" seam allowance. But if there is supposed to be an elastic casing, then from what I remember in the past, I have put either ribbon or bias tape attached after the top is sewn to along the waistline.

Hmmm... guess what I am saying is either way the skirt part looks strange. The best thing would be to be able to get a description of what the design should be so that we could determine how to best put it together.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a 2 piece dress!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
This is a 2 piece dress!
Kaaren

So does this mean we construct it in two separate pieces?
I have not used any of the patterns under that collection before, so does that mean that all those dresses are constructed in two separate pieces?
I have only had one cup of coffee, so comprehension is limited this a.m.!
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a 2 piece dress

Are you saying these are separates, a skirt and top? What about the tiered cami dress listed under 2 pc dresses?
The cute red dress on the website sure looks like the skirt is sewn to the bodice.
Should we have a new catagory of seperates, seems redundant..I could always sew a separate skirt and top in the same fabric and call it a 2 pc dress.
I always was under the impresion that all the patterns listed under 2 pc dresses were ment to have the skirt sewn to the bodice. I can't imagine the empire, low waist or midriff 2 pc dress as seperates... top and skirt. Maybe I am missing something????
Joanne Damon

Posts: 20 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
juyst that one

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post