Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mia has gone AWOL!
 Login/Join

posted
I haven't used Dress Shop for over a year and I tried to use it this evening and Mia is missing. How do I get her back?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you updated to the latest version? and as importantly updated the patch necessary due to changes in IE?

Find them on the home page under downloads
- the patch is the one in RED letters.

livingsoftnw.com
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have version 6.18. Is there another one? Thanks for your reply I will download the IE fix.

Jean Mc

posted Hide Post
V6.19 get it from the same page

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have version 6.18. Is there another one? Thanks for your reply I will download the IE fix.

Dress Shop 6.19 was released in October of 2006, at the same time that the Dress Shop 7 upgrade was released. The features included with the upgrade are described here:

Dress Shop 7 Upgrade

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have downloaded and installed the update and IE fix. Mia is there for the measurements but when I click on a pattern (jacket) it is just squares and oblongs. So you can't tell what the jacket looks like.

Jean Mc

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have downloaded and installed the update and IE fix. Mia is there for the measurements but when I click on a pattern (jacket) it is just squares and oblongs. So you can't tell what the jacket looks like.

I can only think of two causes for something like this:

1. Your Dress Shop art folder is corrupted. Installing a new copy on top of a damanged one might not remove the corrupt files. Somewhat unlikely, but check that the folder "Garments" in your Dress Shop main folder is there, opens, and has other files within it.

2. There is a file called "MyDSsettings.txt" in your Dress Shop root folder. It is not replaced by reinstalling. Within it are settings for where the Mia art will display and how wide it will appear. Normal values for those are:

MiaLeft=35
MiaWidth=180

If you somehow got some odd number for those, the Mia art might not show up. You can edit that file with Notepad or any other text editor and change the values if they are not 35 and 180. Or, just delete the file and it will be rebuilt when you next run.

All I can think to suggest....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Garments with other files and the DSsettings.txt has the 35 and 180 for Mia. I do not use IE 7 I use 6 so I think I will uninstall the fix and see what happens. If that doesn't work I will do the full download.

Thanks,

Jean Mc

posted Hide Post
The strangest thing has happened. I can get Mia to show all the patterns except the jackets. Also, at the bottom of the page with the pattern pieces there are small boxes with red X's in them. Do they have anything to do with the patterns?

Jean Mc