Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Pants Facing and Inserted Pockets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pants Facing and Inserted Pockets
 Login/Join

posted
I noticed that Susiemom asked about Pants Facings but no response was given. I would also like to be able to use a pants facing instead of a waistband. Is this possible? I was wondering if I could use a Yoke but make it smaller in height, perhaps 3cm. Also, is there any way to include an Inserted Pocket (not an Inseam one)on my Pants pattern, the same that is on Men's pants.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 03 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We did not make a waist facing which is do easy to copy off the waist when you have the darts pinched out.You may trace one off rather than all that reprinting. Go to extras for all the same pockets,belt loops, attached or detached flys, belts, available with mens pants.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren, I am using DS7 Standard so I do not have access to Men's Patterns.

posted Hide Post
quote:
(not an Inseam one)on my Pants pattern, the same that is on Men's pants.

Extras has the pockets.may be used on which ever pant collections you own
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may not be making myself real clear but I have looked at the extras and I cannot see the pockets I am looking for. If I go to FILE, PREVIEW and go to the Men's Collection and go to Pants, there is a pocket called Curved or Slanted Entry Inserted Pocket. On the pattern preview it then shows as an Inserted Pocket Facing and also has an Inserted Pocket Backing. The front of the pants have a green diagional line ruled across the waist line and says to Add Seam Allowances Above The Green Line And Trim Off The Top Corner Of The Pattern. This is the pattern I am looking for but I cannot find it in DS7 Standard Women's patterns.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I may not be making myself real clear but I have looked at the extras and I cannot see the pockets I am looking for. If I go to FILE, PREVIEW and go to the Men's Collection and go to Pants, there is a pocket called Curved or Slanted Entry Inserted Pocket. On the pattern preview it then shows as an Inserted Pocket Facing and also has an Inserted Pocket Backing. The front of the pants have a green diagional line ruled across the waist line and says to Add Seam Allowances Above The Green Line And Trim Off The Top Corner Of The Pattern. This is the pattern I am looking for but I cannot find it in DS7 Standard Women's patterns.

You're right. That pocket (and several others) were added to Dress Shop as a part of the Men's Collection. With the release of Dress Shop 7, we had intended to remove all such collection specific limitations. But, that one was missed.

I have posted a patch file that will provide those pocket options for all patterns. You can get that patch here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/extras.exe

This is a self-extracting zip file. After you download it, run it to install the change. It will install to the default Dress Shop folder location. So, if you have Dress Shop installed elsewhere, be sure to change the unzip address when you install this.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will give that a go.