Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Another question regarding the armseye
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another question regarding the armseye
 Login/Join

posted
On my pattern, I use for the front armhole 6 and the back 7. I get a great fit when Without changing the shoulder seam I raise the side seam of the back about an inch.
On the pattern, should I then enter for the back armhole 8 instead of 7?
In your literature, you say that the back armhole should be about one inch more than the front. Here we are talking 2 inches difference. Is that OK or should I do something else to the back piece?
Thank you in advance for your response.
Sandi A.

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well That confuses me- If you raise the back side seam UP 1 inch you are decreasing the back armhole depth not increasing. So I'm not understanding what is written.

If you need a deeper back armhole increase back armhole depth.

If what you really need is a higher back shoulder point Increase the back slope which raises the shoulder point.

1 icnh difference front to back is a great starting point. When shoulders are rocked forward, theres a curve to the back, etc work from there - its a starting point not cut in stone! Nothing is Cut in Stone! Do what your body needs!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Kaaren.

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post