Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Back shoulder dart in 6.18????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back shoulder dart in 6.18????
 Login/Join

posted
I don't want to download 6.18 yet. Can anyone who has family dresshop(not pro) tell me if you can get a shoulder dart in 6.18? It would be under the options (not the dart tool.) I loose this option with every update and have to beg for it back. Bob tells me it was disabled in version 6.12 due to customer request and that I need to update to Pro. I'd like some feedback. I guess I don't understand why everyone would want it disabled. Am I the only one left using dressshop family?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't want to download 6.18 yet. Can anyone who has family dresshop(not pro) tell me if you can get a shoulder dart in 6.18? It would be under the options (not the dart tool.) I loose this option with every update and have to beg for it back. Bob tells me it was disabled in version 6.12 due to customer request and that I need to update to Pro. I'd like some feedback. I guess I don't understand why everyone would want it disabled. Am I the only one left using dressshop family?

I hate to be contrary, Linda, but just about everything you say in this short paragraph is misleading and you are not likely to get helpful answers. First, the Dress Shop Family includes all versions of Dress Shop, plus all collections and all tools. You have Dress Shop Deluxe and you should be asking about that. Nobody with Pro or with the Fashion Designer tools will see the option that you are talking about because for them, it appears in the Dart Tool and is not repeated in the Options list.

Next, the back shoulder dart option for the fitted blouse was not discontinued and I did not say that it was. Instead, it was once the pattern default, meaning that every fitted blouse came with that dart whether you wanted it or not. Many users did not want it, so it was removed as a default from most patterns. It continued to be available as an option through the dart tool, as I told you when you asked. For those that do not have the dart tool, there was an option in the Options list that allowed you to set the back shoulder dart width and that option would make that dart show up if you set the width to any non-zero amount.

The shoulder dart width entry box was there in build 6.17. It is there in 6.18. It was there in 6.16. I went back as far as 6.13 and it is there, too. I did not try earlier versions. If you lose this setting with every update, then it would have to be because you forget where to look for it, because it has always been there and has never moved.

The dart tool is the more logical place for this setting and it is more easily found there. For users that have the dart tool, the older, clunkier approach used in the Options list is removed. If you do not have the dart tool, then you do have to look for the setting in the options list and set the width manually. Better than nothing, I guess.

So, in answer to your question, the back shoulder dart width setting in the Options list is there as it always has been for any Dress Shop user that has neither Pro nor any of the Fashion Designer tools.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a look at the preview of DS Deluxe (out of curiousity) to see if back shoulder darts have been disabled. When you click the dart region on the Mia graphic there are headings for bust darts and yoke options but no shoulder dart. When you click Options you can find Shoulder Dart Width. No matter what number you put in this field and click redraft no shoulder dart appears. I think this is what Linda was trying to say in her post. I haven't been able to find any way to get a shoulder dart to appear in the DS Deluxe preview (version 6.17).

Penny H

Posts: 7 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linda
I just downloaded version 6.18 and the shoulder darts appear when you type in an amount in the shoulder dart width in Options. So it would be a good idea to download the latest version in order to get your shoulder darts back again.

Penny H

Posts: 7 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Penny! This was exactly what I was asking. Glad it is there now. Now off to download. Thanks again!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post