Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Conflict between MPD and Dress Shop 8
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conflict between MPD and Dress Shop 8
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
Several customers that own and use both MPD and Dress Shop have reported some conflict that causes MPD to not activate properly after they installed the Dress Shop 8 upgrade. This does not happen on all systems with both products, so the actual cause is not obvious.

Dress Shop 8 apepars to work in this case and whatever the correction is, it should not effect your MPD charts, patterns, or activations. We are looking into this now and will get a full answer or fix to anyone that needs it as soon as we have it tracked down.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm one of these folks and I did notice something I wanted to ask about. On the MPD activation screen, it shows a box that says where I can find my Dress Shop files. That seemed strange to me, but perhaps there is a reason for that. It's almost like that box should be in Dress Shop, not MPD. Anyhow, thought I'd mention it/ ask about it.

Thanks,
Linda Wangerin

Posts: 86 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm one of these folks and I did notice something I wanted to ask about. On the MPD activation screen, it shows a box that says where I can find my Dress Shop files. That seemed strange to me, but perhaps there is a reason for that. It's almost like that box should be in Dress Shop, not MPD. Anyhow, thought I'd mention it/ ask about it.

MPD's files are all in the MPD folder, so it does not need to discuss that with you. Displaying the location of where MPD thinks your Dress Shop files are (presuming you have ever owned Dress Shop) is there so that MPD can import measurements or patterns from the right place. If you happen to have installed Dress Shop on another drive, directory, or folder, then MPD will do its best to guess, but you might have to correct that.

If you have not used Dress Shop, then it does not matter at all.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That makes sense. Smiler

Linda Wangerin

Posts: 86 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
Several customers that own and use both MPD and Dress Shop have reported some conflict that causes MPD to not activate properly after they installed the Dress Shop 8 upgrade. This does not happen on all systems with both products, so the actual cause is not obvious.

Dress Shop 8 apepars to work in this case and whatever the correction is, it should not effect your MPD charts, patterns, or activations. We are looking into this now and will get a full answer or fix to anyone that needs it as soon as we have it tracked down.

We tracked down and corrected the conflict between Dress Shop 8 and MPD. It had to do with the fabric layout tool, of all silly things. In any case, we got that fixed and posted a new full build and there should no longer be any conflict between the two programs.

If you had installed both MPD and Dress Shop 8 and had MPD activation codes disappear or some other oddity, then to resolve the problem, you should:

1. Uninstall Dress Shop 8.
2. Reinstall your latest MPD update to fix the registry conflicts that it had with DS8.
3. Download and install the revised Dress Shop 8 full build.
4. If either program does not have current activations (the conflict interfered with those), just redo the auto-activate and those should be restored.

Neither program should lose patterns or charts or settings. We're certainly sorry that this conflict happened and hope it did not delay any projects you were working on. Thank you for your patience while we got this resolved...