Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Children's Patterns
 Login/Join

posted
I am beginning to sew for my 4-year old granddaughter. I have entered most of the measurements. She is 4 and doesn't live near me. I can only do what I can do with a wiggly little girl. Is there a special children's area in the software for these patterns or are most of them scaled down from adult patterns? Has anyone used them much? Thanks.

Kathy in chilly NE Ohio

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am beginning to sew for my 4-year old granddaughter. I have entered most of the measurements. She is 4 and doesn't live near me. I can only do what I can do with a wiggly little girl. Is there a special children's area in the software for these patterns or are most of them scaled down from adult patterns? Has anyone used them much? Thanks.

There is an unfinished web page with examples of Dress Shop patterns and options for children. It has some good photos, but which options come with which versions of Dress Shop is not spelled out, so please don't get concerned if you look for an option mentioned and do not see it.

But, the web pages does have some good examples of children's outfits made with Dress Shop patterns...

If you have an unfinished measurement chart, use the "Size - Standard" feature and select a standard "Children's Size 4". Go to the "Size - Complete Chart" and print it out. It will give you approximate values that you can use to fill in your gaps if you need them.

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/ChildrenPatterns.htm

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post