Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    There are No patterns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There are No patterns
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
I just upgraded from DS7 to DS8 and I don't see any options to access any patterns, all I can do is load my old ones then use the designer tools to work with it. I don't see any pattern options on the menu bar just File, Size, Options, Design Tools, and Help. If I click on the empty space next to Help menu the pattern options show up and scroll down but nothing happens when I click on the patterns listed. Please help I have been drooling over all the projects I want to get started.

Posts: 3 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First make sure you have activated your program- File>settings> retrieve my codes

2 to load any pattern you own go to File> Load patterns

3 use the options or designer tools to make your selections.

Ill be back in a week with more frequent support.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under 'File' click on 'Load Patterns'. They changed the navigation system of Dress Shop to be similar to My Pattern Designer.

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Noele, go to File, Load Pattern, and choose a folder ie. Blouse, Skirt, Pants etc.

Had the same problem when I first got DS8.

Joan in Concord, CA

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having a similar problem. FILE>LOAD PATTERNS> shows the newest groups that came with the DS8.03 upgrade. But not the blouse, pants, dresses, etc. folders. But C://program files/Dress Shop/default patterns brings them up. Unfortunately, if I try to load from there I get the message "you do not own this pattern". This is DS, not MPD, so how do I access all the patterns I once had?

Posts: 3 | Location: AliceM | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please make sure you activate the program, collections and patterns you own.

DS8 would mean going to File> activate my program.

use the email address you registered with and password.

Give it enough time to log into your account, collect the codes and install them- the more you own the longer this takes sometimes several minutes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having a similar problem. FILE>LOAD PATTERNS> shows the newest groups that came with the DS8.03 upgrade. But not the blouse, pants, dresses, etc. folders. But C://program files/Dress Shop/default patterns brings them up. Unfortunately, if I try to load from there I get the message "you do not own this pattern". This is DS, not MPD, so how do I access all the patterns I once had?

Several points to clarify how Dress Shop 8 works:

1. The Default Patterns folder contains all Dress Shop patterns, not just those you own. They will not be treated as owned patterns if you load those, so you should only bother if you wish to browse through unowned patterns to see if you wish to purchase them.

2. To get your owned patterns, you need to create owned copies of all if your patterns. That happens automatically if you use automatic activation where you enter email address and password and codes are retrieved from the Livingsoft web site.

3. If you use "Activate Product Manually", there are two steps. You enter your activation codes to activate the products. Once they are all activated, you then click on "Pattern Activation". That instructs the program to make owned copies of every pattern that is included in all the products you have activated. If you do not do that step, you will have no folders of owned Blouses, Dresses, Pants, etc. If you skipped that step, you can do it any time, without manually re-entering your activation codes. Just get back to that manual code entry dialog and click the "Pattern Activation" button.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worked like a charm!! Many thanks.

Posts: 3 | Location: AliceM | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post