Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress Shop problem
 Login/Join

posted
I have downloaded the new program (6.19), and the patch to make the program work with IE7, but no matter how hard I try my Dress shop program only shows part of itself in the left hand upper corner. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Am I the only one with this problem?

Posts: 12 | Location: Washington | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have downloaded the new program (6.19), and the patch to make the program work with IE7, but now matter how I try my Dress shop program only shows part of itself in the left hand upper corner. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Am I the only one with this problem?

[Wanda's answer at the bottom, but please bear with me while I review the IE7 patch for everybody.]

If, after installing Internet Explorer 7, Dress Shop appears in a very small window in the upper left corner of your screen, then you need a patch that modifies the Dress Shop launcher program to work properly with IE7. This revised launcher is now included in the Dress Shop 7 update and download master now posted on the web site. So, anyone updating to DS7 in the future will not need the patch.

If you do have the symptom (Dress Shop in a tiny window), then go to the Dress Shop downloads page here:

Dress Shop downloads

On that web page, look for the words "Patch to make Dress Shop work with IE7". Click on that to download the patch. You may save it to your computer or just run it from the web page. Both should work. If you save it, though, you must then run it to install the revised launcher. Be sure that Dress Shop is not running when you do this.

The patch is a self-extracting zip file. It will unzip (install) to the default folder that Dress Shop will install to unless you chose to install Dress Shop in some other folder. If you did install Dress Shop elsewhere than the default folder, you must install this patch to the same location. When you run the downloaded patch, it will display the folder that it unzips to. Change that to the folder where you have Dress Shop installed. If Dress Shop is installed to this default folder location, then just click on "Unzip" and install the patch there.

We know of only three reasons that the patch would not work:

1. If you download it but did not run it.

2. If it unzipped to the default Dress Shop folder, but you actually have Dress Shop installed somewhere else.

3. Dress Shop was running when you installed the patch. That won't work.

Those are the only reasons we know about for the patch to not work. Good luck...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I got Dress Shop to work, and Hat shop had no problem, but Home Decorator is still having the little window, in the left hand corner, problem. I took the program out, and reinstalled the master, and put the IE7 fix in, but it didn't work with that program??? Has that program been addressed?

Thanks, Wanda

Posts: 12 | Location: Washington | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, I got Dress Shop to work, and Hat shop had no problem, but Home Decorator is still having the little window, in the left hand corner, problem. I took the program out, and reinstalled the master, and put the IE7 fix in, but it didn't work with that program??? Has that program been addressed?

We do not yet have the Home Dec patch. In work and coming soon...

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
The patch that will make Home Dec Sampler display properly with Internet Explorer 7 has now been posted. You can find it on the Livingsoft website downloads page here:

Livingsoft downloads page

posted Hide Post
I have downloaded the patch for IE7 and have my view text set to smallest. I am unable to see all my options on the bottom of the page, like the problem we have always had when text size is set too large. The skirt button is buried and I am unable to hit redraft with the fit tool. Any suggestions?

Posts: 20 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have downloaded the patch for IE7 and have my view text set to smallest. I am unable to see all my options on the bottom of the page, like the problem we have always had when text size is set too large. The skirt button is buried and I am unable to hit redraft with the fit tool. Any suggestions?

Well, it depends on when you downloaded and installed that patch. There have now been two patches. The first was to get Dress Shop to run in IE7 at all. But, since that one was posted, the fact that the Skirt tool button was partially off-screen on some systems / browsers (and the Front, Back, Sleeve, etc. buttons were off-screen as well) was reported. That was corrected yesterday and a new patch was posted (Monday, 11/6 at 2:07 pm pst). We were waiting to hear that it had corrected the reported problem before we announced it further.

If you installed your patch before that revision was posted, please try it again and do let us know if the revised patch worked for you. It did work on the in-house system we had that was able to repeat the symptom. But, we do not yet know how many system / browser combinations had that issue and whether this will correct it for all or not.

Hope this helps and do let us know...

posted Hide Post
I downloaded todays IE7 patch. If I autohide my bottom taskbar I can see most of the skirt tab. But on many patterns the fit tool redraft is still off the screen.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I downloaded todays IE7 patch. If I autohide my bottom taskbar I can see most of the skirt tab. But on many patterns the fit tool redraft is still off the screen.

Most of the tool dialogs are fixed height. That is, they were forced to the exact size needed to fit on the screen in the minimim 800 by 600 screen resolution that Dress Shop should run in. Unfortunately, though, there were two dialogs that change rather radically depending on the pattern being drafted (Yoke and Fit tools). Those two were made to expand to fit the available space, rather than maintain a fixed height in all cases.

It appears that the new IE7 reports available space differently than prior versions of that browser did, so those tools will need to be revised (as the main draft window already was) to "fit the screen" differently than they did with IE6. We'll get that corrected today and get a new patch posted. There should be something posted here about it later today. Thanks for pointing it out...

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

We believe this has now been corrected. A new IE7 patch was posted today (Wednesday, 11/8 at 9:28 am pst) that adjusts the Fit dialog, Yoke dialog, and Pants Yoke dialog to fit on-screen when using the Internet Explorer 7 browser. This patch can be installed on top of any prior IE7 patch you may have installed. It includes the prior one, so this one should be all you need if you have not gotten the IE7 patch before.