Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Prom Dress questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prom Dress questions
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I have been enlisted to make my niece's prom dress. She wants a full skirt and a scoop back. I've looked through my patterns and I have found nothing that would work. Help!!

Posts: 6 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi, I have been enlisted to make my niece's prom dress. She wants a full skirt and a scoop back. I've looked through my patterns and I have found nothing that would work. Help!!

You could start with a Fitted Top Waisted Dress (see Dresses - Two-Piece). Choose any skirt type as you will ignore that. Then, use Options - Darts and Pleats. Set back waist darts to none. Then, use Options - Neckline and Collar. Select a neck of the width you think appropriatem possibly some wide neck type like a boat? Then, use the Back Neck Depth setting to take the back neckline depth down as far as you dare.

Finally, use the dress bodice pattern pieces you now have but ignore the skirt. Use a Geahter Skirt pattern instead. When gathered to the bodice hem, it gets as close to what you described as Dress Shop has available....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally, use the dress bodice pattern pieces you now have but ignore the skirt. Use a Geahter Skirt pattern instead

Sorry. Not watching my typos.... That should be a gathered skirt...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post