Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool Jewel
 Login/Join

posted
My memory may be misleading me but I wanted to make a cool jewel with a cowl neck and thought that that was available I find now that it is not. Is this the case can someone tell me. I made va surplice top which is somewhat gapy and have to wear something under it A cowl cool jewel would be perfect. Thanks
Marge UK

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peggym:
My memory may be misleading me but I wanted to make a cool jewel with a cowl neck and thought that that was available I find now that it is not. Is this the case can someone tell me. I made va surplice top which is somewhat gapy and have to wear something under it A cowl cool jewel would be perfect. Thanks
Marge UK
In DS6.12 the cool jewel is under fitted blouses, and the only options on Mia show jewel or vee neck. However, the neck and collar tool are enabled in that build (but not with a cowl).

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cool jewel has a jewel neck or V neck option.

You could insert a slightly wider V than the V neck is wide to make an insert type faux cowl..
just make it taller and a bit wider and pull the sides into a drape then insert it in the v of the cowl itself.....not too tricky.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could insert a slightly wider V than the V neck is wide to make an insert type faux cowl..
just make it taller and a bit wider and pull the sides into a drape then insert it in the v of the cowl itself.....not too tricky.
--------------------------
will give that a try
Thanks
Marge UK
Kaaren[/QUOTE]

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can create a cowl with your pencil. There used to be a sample class in how to do this at http://www.mysewingclasses.com, but I can't find it tonight.

However, there is not much to support the cowl in this style. You would have to test it to see if it would work.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn ... hasn't the website changed to
seeitsewit.com?

Give that a try.

Posts: 12 | Location: Fleming Island, FL | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carolyn ... hasn't the website changed to
seeitsewit.com?

Tracy,

The classes are still at mysewingclasses.com, even if you start with seeitsewit.com.

This used to be a sample for the NYO T-Shirt class, but it seems to have been removed. Or maybe it was part of the SewZine membership. At any rate, I have it, but it has a copywrite, so I can't pass it on to others.

posted Hide Post
You are right Carolyn. After I sent my previous response I double checked (which I should have done first).

The NYO T-shirt was a class and all of Heather's classes are copywrited. I do love her classes and SewZine.

Posts: 12 | Location: Fleming Island, FL | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn ... I just went to http://www.mysewingclasses.com
and then to classes, scrolled way down to the NYO t-shirt and clicked on the sample class and it opened for me. So it is there if anyone wants to check it out.

The class is a .pdf file.

posted Hide Post
You are right, Tracy. I guess I missed it the first time.

It's an easy way to create a cowl neckline. I tested it once and still have fabric picked out for the shirt, but it is just one of those many things that I don't get around to doing.

I sure to like starting with DS, though, when I try these things. I know I will have a good fit, so all I have to fool with is the design.