Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Markings on patterns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Markings on patterns
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering, if its possible to have markings on our patterns, for buttonhole placements?Or is that too big of a program job.Just a thought here no big deal really, but it would be nicer than having to measure, where to put those buttonholes in blouses etc.Thank you. Big Grin

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We could do that if everyone used the same size button all the time....but lets say you wanted a larger/smaller button, lots of buttons or very few.

There is a button/buttonhole placement article...almost sort of done.the text is finished needs more grahics...if not this update soon!!!!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren wrote:
We could do that if everyone used the same size button all the time....but lets say you wanted a larger/smaller button, lots of buttons or very few.

Queries could be asked for number of buttons, size, starting placement point.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a lot of extra math for the program to do...its been discussed in rthe past and veto'd but maybe time to ask again.
One more though so this edit.
You would also have to tell the program how far below neck you would want the top button to be.

so yet another factor.,up at neck for a abutton down shirt with collar, or open neck like a camp shirt.

I think the article will make this placement seem easy enough without a mile of extra code.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow Kaaren I never realized, all that work would be involved.Just a thought I had though.Thank you for explaining it to me. Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It can be daunting that something we can do so very easily with a pencil, or folding a dart can be so darned complicated when it comes to creating a pattern with its reference lines, notches and marks on a pattern created by just a pile of numbers and some complicated math.

From the inside out the program is amaaazing.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

<Wanda Eikman>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:

There is a button/buttonhole placement article...almost sort of done.the text is finished needs more grahics...if not this update soon!!!!
Kaaren

Kaaren, this article on placement of buttons and buttonholes will be great.

Thanks, Wanda Eikman

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides, everyone has a different 'stress point' depending on bust size/configuration.
I like to place my buttons where I want them. Even if a commercial pattern had placements, I just ignored them. Style, design, fit, button size.....too many things to consider to have the program mark it for you.
Its the designer's choice, right Kaaren?

AliceM DS Educator
DS6.14 Pro, MPD with everything else. WinXP, HP3050 color laser printer

Posts: 36 | Location: Ocean Park, WA | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
working on it right now in an attempt to rush finish it for release this update.just taking a break to read a few emails.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Its the designer's choice, right Kaaren?[/QUOTE

Thats sure what we have always tried for.giving maximum creative options even on designs!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com