Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Viewing all of fit customiser and some of options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Viewing all of fit customiser and some of options
 Login/Join

posted
I am having a problem with my screen viewing. I have checked my page set up. When I am choosing options I don't always see the bottom of the option chart where I can click it off.By choosing another option I can get rid of the one on screen except for the fit customiser which I cannot get rid of. Can anyone suggest what changes I have to do in my PC to sort this.I have recently upgraded my Dress shop and this has only been happening since then. I mostly use MPD where I have no problem.

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am having a problem with my screen viewing. I have checked my page set up. When I am choosing options I don't always see the bottom of the option chart where I can click it off.By choosing another option I can get rid of the one on screen except for the fit customiser which I cannot get rid of. Can anyone suggest what changes I have to do in my PC to sort this.I have recently upgraded my Dress shop and this has only been happening since then. I mostly use MPD where I have no problem.

You do not say which option charts are involved, so I am presuming that it was just a big one (the Complete Pants Customizer is the biggest) and that it is simply too large for the display settings you are currently using. I'm not sure what the minimum display resolution currently is - there are so many possibilities with today's monitors and other display devices. I just tried 1024 by 768 and everything fits on the screen there. So, I suspect your monitor has display resolution set to some amount less than 768 for the vertical resolution.

To check and change, right click on your desktop. From the menu that appears, select "Properties". Click on the "Settings" tab. You should see a slider bar of screen resolution options. If that is currently set to 800 by 600 (or any other amount where the second number is less than 768) try adjusting it to a higher screen resolution and see if you can stand how it looks. Everything on your screen will be slightly smaller. Text MIGHT be harder to read. Might not. Things in Dress Shop should fit better. If you can read the text ok, stick with it. If not, you might need a better monitor (higher resolution, less fuzzy pixels, larger screen). Or, you might be able to get by adjusting the text size in your other applications. Those types of adjustments are usually found in various View or Options menu and will let you display text within that application at a larger size.

Hope something in this is useful....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankyou for your reply. My resolution is set to 1024 x 968. I have tried to send a problem report showing the problem but the fit customiser goes away whenever I click problem report and I can't capture it. The bottom line in the menu is the stretch options. There is no done, show it. or default to click.My fonts are set to medium. I have XP. I appreciate it is a problem with my PC. If you can think of anything else I would be delighted. I am able to use the program but like it to be as it should be.. Thanks again.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
My resolution is set to 1024 x 968. I have tried to send a problem report showing the problem but the fit customiser goes away whenever I click problem report and I can't capture it. The bottom line in the menu is the stretch options. There is no done, show it. or default to click.My fonts are set to medium. I have XP. I appreciate it is a problem with my PC. If you can think of anything else I would be delighted. I am able to use the program but like it to be as it should be

The Fit Customizer is not generally a particularly large dialog. But, what appears in it (which specific ease settings) varies from garment to garment. I checked that dialog with blouses, skirts, pants, coats, jackets, one piece dresses, two piece dresses, and some miscellaneous lingerie. Everything fit.

But, I did find that a jumpsuit has too many settings to fit properly and the buttons at the bottom of the dialog are all cut off with those patterns. The dialog box itself does not get anywhere close to the edge of the screen, so this is not a matter of monitor resolution, but rather too meny settings in a dialog box that did not allow enough room for that many.

Certainly jumpsuits do not fit and an update will be needed to correct that one. But, there might be others that I have not stumbled upon just yet. Which garment are you looking at?

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. I was in Loungewear, housecoat. Will be interested to hear if that is the problem and not my PC as I thought that it was.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was in Loungewear, housecoat. Will be interested to hear if that is the problem and not my PC as I thought that it was.

I found a way to make this dialog overflow. It was not screen resolution, as I originally supposed, but a subtler setting that has a similar effect.

There are two possible solutions:

1. In the next update, we now have a program change that will over-ride this setting when it is going to make a dialog box overflow. That will not be available until the next update, though.

2. You can turn it off until then. Here's how:

a. Right click on your desktop and select Properties.
b. Select the Settings tab.
c. Click on the Advanced button.
d. Look for a drop list control labeled "DPI Settings". DPI means dots per inch. Your display driver may have more than mine. Or not. Mine has two. They are "Normal size (96 DPI)" and "Large size (120 DPI). Normal works. Large does not.
e. Select Normal, click Apply and Ok until all the dialogs close.
f. You probably will then need to reboot.

This should make things fit better. After the next Dress Shop update, you can switch this setting back if you like. Whether you need it or not depends on the monitor and your eyesight. You can decide after you see the difference.

Hope that is it this time. Good luck....

posted Hide Post
My dpi had 3 settings. Normal, large and custom. It was set at Normal. I tried custom 75% which was the next lower option and hey presto it worked. I don't care for it though, everything is very tiny. What I will do is when using Dress Shop I will change the settings and revert when not until the next update comes out. I have learnt things about my PC I never knew thanks to you. Mnay many thanks for your time and trouble.