New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost measurements
 Login/Join

posted
Dear Livingsoft,

Do you know the name of the file and location that holds all the measurements? I have bought a new computer and re-installed Dress Shop 4. Too late, I have realised I have lost the measurements file but fortunately I did archive everything from my old hard disc. This of course does not allow me to run the previous installation and therefore I can not display the measurements and copy them with pencil and paper onto my new machine.
I hope you can help.
Best wishes,
Kirsteen.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 07 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi.sure can
go to computer> c>program files>Livingsoft>Dress shop
look for My Ds Measurements.txt

thats all your charts!

if you saved any patterns
same method only look for
MY Patterns

Settings
My settings

copy to thumb drive , disk, cd and just place them on the new computer
copy to
C>program files>Livingsoft>Dress Shop
when it asks do your want to replace (file name) click yes

make sure DRESS SHOP IS NOT running when you do this.

when you finish and open Dress Shop the charts should show up!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you are talking about Dress Shop 4 (Four), in which case you would look for a folder called
C:\Program Files\DS4
-OR- C:\Program Files\Livingsoft\DS4
but I don't believe the "Livingsoft" sub folder was in use then.

The actual measurement file for DS4 is called dsdata.txt. You should be able to copy this file from your archive and install it on your new machine as long as you are still using Dress Shop 4 on your new machine. You will need to contact support if you are upgrading to DS6 and want to import these measurements.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Kaaren and Tessa,
Thank you so much for that. Also, thank you for the tip about upgrading. I intend to upgrade to Dress Shop 6 once I've got my measurements back.
Best wishes and thanks.
Kirsteen.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 07 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post