Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Dart Tool - Bust Offset
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dart Tool - Bust Offset
 Login/Join

posted
I've misplaced my notes and can't seem to find the topic on the discussion board suggesting the amount of bust offset for each cup size. Can someone post the recommended offset for each cup size again please?

Thanks!

Posts: 5 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've misplaced my notes and can't seem to find the topic on the discussion board suggesting the amount of bust offset for each cup size. Can someone post the recommended offset for each cup size again please?

A-B 1.5 inches
b-c barely D 1.75 inches
DD and over 2- 2.25 inches.

IF you are gettign a huge dart and you are on the smaller end of the scale check the hi bust to bust relationship.that will effect the bust dart take ups.

IF the dart is endign too soon, or is too close to the apex mark check the bust span..

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of us have been experimenting with this. The theory I had always heard was that the offset needed to increase as the cup size increased.

Recently, I have heard, from two different sources, the opposite. So there seems to be some disagreement.

What I have found for myself is that I prefer the offset to be less than the original charts would suggest. I used to follow someone's suggestions, but was always messing with it because it was never just right. When I threw out the suggestions, I found what works for me.

I think our conclusion is that the shape of the bust is more important than the cup size. What you need to do is try the garment on. See what offset works for you. You want a smooth line, with no puckers and no points.

As with most of pattern fitting, there is no "normal". We have to find what works for our own unique body.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a quick test you can do yoruself.

Place a ruler (12 inch) just under the arm and gently pull it towards the breast with the opposite hand.

Where it stops "touching" is where thwe dart should end.repeat on other side.measure from mark to apex..

you can then adjust a few stitches shorter/longer than the side you establish using yoru chart.

I agree 100% with Carolyn that breast shape often effects dart offset.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that different bras give your breast different shapes. Most of us usually wear the same bra, but for those of you who change types with your fashions, be aware that you might see a little change in your darts.

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post