Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    shoulder measurement off just a tad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shoulder measurement off just a tad
 Login/Join

posted
I sent an email through the help function, then realized that I can probably get this answer from all of you experts (and I've learned so much looking through this discussion, thank you all).

I'm slowly learning about dress shop, and have a successful sloper, now working on fitted blouse. It would be just about perfect, but the shoulders look too square - as if they need shoulder pads but of course I don't want shoulder pads. I think they stray just a little bit too far off my shoulder, and would like to bring the shoulder point in 1/4". But this is getting so close to perfect that now I'm not sure what to tweak to just bring in the shoulder point without screwing up something else. I've read the manual, again, but I think I'm now at the point where I just need someone to tell me what to do.

I'd appreciate any advice. thanks.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all! Just wanted to share the lariat top I just made from the new collection. Please don't laugh or make fun...at least not in print I am teaching myself to sew and even though I seem to alway make a mistake I am very excited when I actually finish something. I posted on the club pages in more tops and blouses... if you want to take a peek.

--First take a deep breadth this is not as scary as yuou might think.

Moving the shoulder point does change lots of things.

BUT
do it the easy way
Mark where you thinkl the shoulder point SHOULD be on the sloper.

Match that point to the pattern.

measure the across shoulder of the sloper between the marks on the pattern

now measure the shoulder

now measure the slope ( shoudler to cf waist)
nowe measure the across chest

now measure the bust depth

if you move the shoulder in towards neck 1/4 to 1/2 inch you can expect a change on the above measurements from 1/18th to 1/2 inch depending....

for instance the shoulder length will shorten by how much you moved the across shoulder in.

the bust depth may move very little.depends on how "sloped your shoulders are."

ditto for the slope.

make sure you do both front and back!

measure the pattern pieces after transfering the new shoulder point to the pattern.
** it is "possible" but not too likely arm hole depth and side seam lengths may need very minor tweaks....

Change your chart
save
load
redo the sloper.

Have fun!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post