Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    importing ds measurements into ds7
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

importing ds measurements into ds7
 Login/Join

posted
I've just got a new computer and installed ds . We used to be able to just copy and paste the measurement file into the ds directory. I tried to do that and it didn't work. Where should I be copying it to?
Thanks,
Shirley

Posts: 4 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS charts are not the same as MPD chart - but you can import your DS patterns along with the chart which act8ually converts to an MPD chart with just a couple spaces to fill in.

Remember MPD drafting code and measurements are improved and refined and Not exactly the same.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren, I didn't make myself clear--I'm still using DS7.

Shirley

posted Hide Post
ah.my7 fault sorry, Im half asleep after returnign back to Nevada late last night... after a 2 week VACATION ( herumph) with family reunion for 2 weeks.

The problem is Vista- you have to find in which folder Vista decided to put your measurement files.....

The file for MY Measurements stands alone and should not be tucked into another folder;and sure as there are little green apples you will find it if you go crawling through your My Computer, Dress Shop files..

Then you have to move it to stand alone under
The C Prorgram files, Livingsoft, Dress Shop.. files and folders.

I have done that with my vista tower that is being shipped here as we speak but it wont land on my door step for several more days so I regret not being more step by step specific right now.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please let me know if and when you manage to accomplish this. I've searched in the ds directory and can not find anything that looks like even the test measurements that I have entered. I've partitioned my system and will try it again when I get windows xp installed on the second partition.

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Hi Shirley,

Do you have a copy of the My Measurements file? If so you can just copy it to the directory Kaaren
described. C:\Program Files\Livingsoft\Dress Shop

Your location may not be exactly as above but it should be close.

Sandi

DressShop Pro 7.02a, MPD Pro 3 Version 3.01, Unlimited Womens Collection, Complete Pants Designer, Fashion Designer I & II, Fit Tool, Princess Designer, Ultimate Pants, Essential Lingerie, Ultimate Outerwear, Spring and Summer Collection 2005, Sew Quick Summer Casuals, Hat Shop, Home Dec, EPSON Workforce 1100 wide bed printer, Windows Vista and Windows 7

Posts: 58 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried just that but it did not work. I used to do this all the time as each new version came out so I should know what I am doing, maybe! I saved a set of measurements and called them "vista measurements" and did a computer search and could not find them, nor a folder with my meaurements in.
Shirley

posted Hide Post
Hi Shirley,

That new computer most likely came with Windows Vista, which handles our files differently than Windows XP. Vista is placing all of the DS "My" files into the patternsdefaults sub folder in the DS folder. However, even when pasting saved measurement files into this location, it still will not recognize the file. The only sure way that I know of to get your measurements into a new install on Vista is to manually enter them into the measurement chart and then save them.

Warmest regards,
PeggySue
LivingsoftNW Tech Support

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post