Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Measurement chart
 Login/Join

posted
When I was meansuring, then entering measurements into program, I came across some I didn't know where to enter, is the high bust the high bust front measurement and where do I enter the bust radius measurement?

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was meansuring, then entering measurements into program, I came across some I didn't know where to enter, is the high bust the high bust front measurement and where do I enter the bust radius measurement?

I'm not clear where you are looking. In the complete chart dialog (see Dress Shop menu Size - Complete Chart), the two measurements you ask about are both in the left column, near the bottom. High Bust is 4th from the bottom. Bust Radius is 3rd from the bottom.

What I do, when looking for missing measurements, is scan for zeroes in that chart. If you see a zero, you see a potential problem.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I am reading the DS Manual pg 37, there are instructions for measuring High Bust Front. Is the High Bust box on the chart the same measurement? You said the Bust Radius is the 3rd from the bottom on the chart, when I open up the complet chart in my program, there is no Bust Radius box on the chart.

Also, on the chart there are boxes for elbow and elbow depth, the instructions give directions for only the elbow depth, what do I do to get both for the chart?

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
okay, i went back and played with the charts. for the misses charts you are correct the bust radius is 3rd frm the bottom, but it isn't on the chart for women's size.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Please look only to complete chart for the full measurement set for bust radius. To view this chart make sure under settings to check complete chart.

This measurement is not on small chartfor standard sizes or the measurement wizard.

Kaaren

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I am reading the DS Manual pg 37, there are instructions for measuring High Bust Front. Is the High Bust box on the chart the same measurement? You said the Bust Radius is the 3rd from the bottom on the chart, when I open up the complet chart in my program, there is no Bust Radius box on the chart.

Also, on the chart there are boxes for elbow and elbow depth, the instructions give directions for only the elbow depth, what do I do to get both for the chart?

Yes, long ago (when the user manual was last updated), that measurement was referred to as "High Bust Front". It was later shortened to "High Bust". They are the same.

"Bust Radius" only appears for women's charts. I suspect you did not select "Body Type" on your chart (at the upper right). Select "Woman" there and "Bust Radius" should appear.

The "Elbow" measurement is for the circumference of the arm at the elbow.

posted Hide Post
I did select woman for the body type, yet the bust radius is not there. I sent a pr oblem report with the chart I am using so that you can see what I am seeing.

posted Hide Post
Let me explain this better. I started off selecting Standard Size. Under this option for body type I can select either misses or women's. If I chose misses then the bust radius shows up on the complete chart, yet if I select women's then bust radius is not on the complete chart. Hope this explains it better.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
The complete chart is over 60 numbers. I think what you are looking at is the advanced chart for standard sizes.(20+ numbers)
The bust radius is third UP from the bottom on the far left column.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me explain this better. I started off selecting Standard Size. Under this option for body type I can select either misses or women's. If I chose misses then the bust radius shows up on the complete chart, yet if I select women's then bust radius is not on the complete chart. Hope this explains it better.

Answered in your problem report. For any others that may run into this, you just need to re-select the woman body type within the complete chart dialog. It should work more automatically, but for now, it does not. Just change the body type in the complete chart to anything else, then back to woman and all will be right again.

We'll fix that...

posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob. That fixes it.