Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Are pleats other than knife pleats available in DS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are pleats other than knife pleats available in DS?
 Login/Join

posted
Although I have been a long-time user of DF (and MPD), apparently I haven't done pleats. I wanted to add pleats to a waisted dress design, but could only find the knife pleats. Could find nothing in the help articles, either.
Is there any way to have, say 2 inch pleats, in a skirt? If so, how?
Any and all help appreciated.

Lettie in hot and humid Florida

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you look at the skirt patterns in MPD you will find pleats under "options". Since pleats are not offered under "options" for the waisted dress you could always combine the two patterns. Draft the top of the dress using the dress pattern selections and then draft a skirt with the pleats from the skirt patterns and sew them together. I would make a muslin of the combination before I would cut it out in my fashion fabric.

Selma in Virginia where we are having floods in the next county.
DS Educator
DS Pro and MPD Pro

Posts: 32 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Caroline, for that option. Have created a pleated A-line skirt and purchased the pattern, as well as a shirtdress pattern for the bodice. Hadn't been able to find that pleated option in MPD before, for some reason.

Lettie in still rainy Florida (well , this is our rainy season)

posted Hide Post
Sorry, my thanks should have gone to Selma, not Caroline. Think my brain is getting moldy from the rain. :-)
Lettie