Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Any suggestions welcome
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any suggestions welcome
 Login/Join

posted
In the last two months I've lost a little over 30 pounds and lots of inches here and there which is great. The problem is that my DS measurements are too big now and no one lives close enough to me to get re measured and I can't take time from work for a vacation at present. I live in El Paso, Texas. Does anyone have ideas on how I can shrink my chart without messing things up royally and are there any of the measurements that I could do myself for verification out of the 60+- in the big chart?

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have your sloper handy? If so (or make one up from your measurement set) Try it on and pin out the excess fabric until it fits like you want it to. Then measure the excess fabric at the different points where you would be measuring your body for DS and subtract what you get from your measurement set. Make up a new sloper from the changed measurement set and check for fit.

Selma in VA
DS educator
DSPro and MPDPro, etc.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mr Pat
How about starting with the Measurement Wizard?. You only need 5 measurements which you should be able to do by yourself - height, inseam, chest, waist and hip. Then follow Selma's suggestion about the sloper.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Pat keep the old measurement chart and rename it like,My fat chart or something you want.Just incase you should ever need it again!HTH Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My chart names always include my weight. It has always worked for me even though the lost weight might return in different places, I have not had any problems with the measurements changing enough to redo my entire chart.
Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post