Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS7 update
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks for info. on downloading and upgrading the newer versions, exporting, inporting, etc.
I had already done all of thia when I asked my question. I believe I have followed the instructions as given and have successful downloads..
My question still remains. My question involves what I am to see after I have done all of this and am now playing with exporting a file from DS and importing it into MPD.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My question still remains. My question involves what I am to see after I have done all of this and am now playing with exporting a file from DS and importing it into MPD.

I am not sure how to answer this.

You will see any DS pattern you wish to open in MPD drafting to the enhanced drafting code that MPD offers.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Janet,
I am following the path where you say your DS patterns are from your successul export/import.
I have a little bit of a problem following this path and I can not figure out why.
I can follow: C:/Program Files/LivingSoft/ and then if I choose /DS, there is nothing there.
I have two choices at this point - DS5 and DS. There is nothing in DS, but there is in DS5 - all of the old patterns that I saved in DS5.
I may have never saved anything after DS5 so there would not be any saved patterns in DS?
I do not believe that is what Kaaren is saying though. It sounds like she is saying that all patterns in DS should import and be in the DS folder.
I would write to you privately if I knew how.
I decided to try saving a pattern in DS after my export/import.
It ended up in: C:/Program Files/LivingSoft/DS5/my patterns/DLK DS Princess Tunic
I don't claim to be an excellent computer person, but I thought since you had good luck in your export/import, that you might be able to see what I have done wrong or ?

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I have figured this out per Kaaren's class today. When you update DS to 7.02, one must re-Activate your Codes. This I never did.
What I find now is that I can save a DS pattern in an MPD folder. Is this correct? Somehow, I thought that it should be in an DS folder in MPD.
Now please, I am just speculating here, so you newbies, please do not take this as the way it should be. I am learning, too.

posted Hide Post
I had quite a time and a lot of exasperation trying to find the MY patterns file where the exported patterns were hiding. I finally found them, but it took a lot of time It would be very nice if someone from the COMPANY would give explicite instructions on how to get there to find the patterns. It would be really appreciated by a lot of the Dressshop and MPD owners
It would save a lot of hair pulling also
Charlie

Posts: 5 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<LivingSoft Support>
posted
On the LivingsoftNW home page there is a link labeled “Read about exporting your patterns from DS and importing to MPD by clicking here”. The resulting page contains complete, step-by-step instructions on exporting and importing your owned patterns from DS into MPD and how to load these patterns into the MPD program. If you are experiencing any problems with this, some things to look for would be: Make sure that you use the auto-retrieval function in both programs. This is the only way to be sure that both are activated correctly and that the codes match in both programs. In Dress Shop, this is under the Help>On the web>Get my activation codes. In MPD it is under File>Settings>Automatic Activate or Restore. The email and password must match in both programs. If you could not remember your login information and created a new account for either program, the imported patterns in MPD will not allow you to print. Also be aware that the imported patterns are loaded by using the File>Import Pattern option, and not the Load Pattern.

If the instructions on the website do not answer your questions, please contact me directly at support1@livingsoftnw.com or support1@mypatterndesigner.com

Warmest regards,
PeggySue Moellman
Customer Tech Support

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its been done several times and there is a free complete article in the class forum.
I will post it on the BBS under class notes in the next few minutes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have the dreaded small screen after updating my DS7 with DS7.3. I followed your suggestion about right clicking on the DS7 icon and in properties it shows I'm already at "maximum", please help! Thanks!

Posts: 9 | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I mistakenly typed the update as 7.3 when it was 7.2.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I name a pattern and save it in DS, do the export; go into MPD and find it in the DS file, then put it on the screen, is it supposed to have the name I named it, or does it just show it as a Dress Shop pattern with the general name it was in DS?

The Dress Shop pattern export feature only exports the default Dress Shop patterns, not the edited or adjusted patterns that you manually saved from within Dress Shop. Basically, the program cannot know what you named those files, nor where they might be located. So, only the default patterns are exported.

You can, of course, do the same alterations in MPD and resave them there. Not fully automated, but that was the best we could manage to do....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
I too have the dreaded small screen after updating my DS7 with DS7.3. I followed your suggestion about right clicking on the DS7 icon and in properties it shows I'm already at "maximum", please help! Thanks!

Last week, we finally learned a bit more about what was going on with the small window bug. Very, very confusing. The original problem occurred about a year ago when Microsoft first released Internet Explorer 7. That new version of the browser caused Dress Shop to appear in a window that was less than full screen sized. We got reports on that, found a fix, and posted a patch file for it. Only those that saw the problem took the patch, so all appeared well. After a year had gone by, we managed to convince ourselves that the patch worked for everyone. That was wrong. It worked for everyone that happened to take it and that was only those that were running Internet Explorer 7.

With the recent update to Dress Shop, that change was incorporated into the main program, so the patch would no longer be needed. Seemed like a good idea. However, what we did not realize was that the patch to make IE7 work properly also made IE6 not work properly. We mistakenly assumed that most people had updated to IE7 by now. That was certainly a mistake as many people have not upgraded their browser and do not wish to now.

So, we have done a new patch that appears to work for both Internet Explorer 6 as well as Internet Explorer 7. That patch is here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/DSpatch.exe

This patch has one less-than-ideal side effect - the Dress Shop window does not completely extend to the bottom of the screen. This is another side effect of the differences between IE6 and IE7. I hope to have that tracked down today and will put up both a new patch and refreshed updates and masters.

So, IF you have a tiny Dress Shop window after installing the most recent Dress Shop update, AND you want to run Dress Shop right away, grab the current patch. When we have a better patch, you can install it on top of this one without any other ill-effects.

We're certainly sorry that it took so long to understand that the original complaints related to IE7, while the later problems were for those still using IE6. We just did not happen to get all the relevant particulars when the problem resurfaced.

More on this as soon as we have a better fix....

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to ask for fear of making all of you sigh a big sigh, but:
With IE 6,XP Pro, DS 7Pro, and MPDPRO can you come up with a list of click by click to get this process done? In reading all of the posts I have become completely confused. I tried printing and collating them into a working click by click - to no avail. Ugh. My history of computer illiteracy is still following me. Thanks

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
With IE 6,XP Pro, DS 7Pro, and MPDPRO can you come up with a list of click by click to get this process done? In reading all of the posts I have become completely confused.

Good suggestion. It has become very confused. I'm going to do 2 of these. One for Dress Shop 7 owners and one for Dress Shop 6 owners

FOR DRESS SHOP 7 OWNERS:

1. Install the latest Dress Shop 7.02 update available from the Livingsoft web site downloads page here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm

2. When you run Dress Shop, IF AND ONLY IF your screen appears in a small window, then you should install this patch file, which we believe will correct that problem. The patch file is here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/DSpatch.exe

As soon as we have enough evidence that this patch file works for all system configurations, we will incorporate it into the update so the patch will no longer be needed. Until then, please remember - the patch is a WinZip file that will install to a fixed path location. That pathname is displayed when you run the patch. If you have Dress Shop installed elsewhere, you must change the "Unzip To Folder" to the proper location of your Dress Shop program.

That should be it. For the longer list detailing how to get your patterns into MPD, should you wish that, please see this page:

http://www.mypatterndesigner.com/MPD/PatternImport.htm

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
To get the latest version of Dress Shop 6 and to resolve any small screen issues that are then occurring, use this procedure.

FOR DRESS SHOP 5 OR DRESS SHOP 6 OWNERS ONLY:

1. Install the latest Dress Shop 6 update available from the Livingsoft web site downloads page. Be sure to get the Dress Shop 6 update, which appears in the 2nd row of download buttons:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm

2. When you run Dress Shop, IF AND ONLY IF your screen appears in a small window, then you should install this patch file, which we believe will correct that problem. The patch file is here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/DressShop6patch.exe

That should be it. Exporting patterns from Dress Shop to MPD is not available in Dress Shop 5 or Dress Shop 6.

<MrsB>
posted
Having read all the posts on the subject of the small screen, I came to the place where the link to the patch was and downloaded it. Now all is well. Thanks.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post