Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printer Problems
 Login/Join

posted
I installed a new Epson FX-890 printer with continuous feed paper.

DS Pattern pieces are being printed almost double in vertical length. Horizontal proportion is fine as is all the text.

I am using a standard size 12 blouse sloper to test the printer so that design or measurements should not be a problem.

Text and graphics from other software are also printing error free.

Is there anyway to adjust printing within Dress Shop?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posts: 3 | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The center of the target marks along the vertical edge of the paper should be 3 inches apart. If they are 3 inches apart, do you mean you're getting excess paper at the bottom of the printout which has no pattern drawn on it? If the targets are not 3 inches apart, please contact support@livingsoftnw.com.

quote:
Originally posted by bailey:
I installed a new Epson FX-890 printer with continuous feed paper.

DS Pattern pieces are being printed almost double in vertical length. Horizontal proportion is fine as is all the text.

I am using a standard size 12 blouse sloper to test the printer so that design or measurements should not be a problem.

Text and graphics from other software are also printing error free.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No -- DS seems to be drafting a pattern for a very, very tall and very skinny stick person. The width matches the same pattern printed on another printer but the length is double -- when folded in half lengthwise it is the correct length, just not a usable pattern.

I have sent a request to Living Soft but have had no reply.
Thanks

posted Hide Post
quote:
No -- DS seems to be drafting a pattern for a very, very tall and very skinny stick person. The width matches the same pattern printed on another printer but the length is double -- when folded in half lengthwise it is the correct length, just not a usable pattern.

I have sent a request to Living Soft but have had no reply.
Thanks

Have you tried drafting a pattern using standard measurements? This really sounds like a measurement that got typed in wrong. We often get problem reports with a simple typo (12 and eleven sixteenths inches got typed as 121 1/16, for instance). Such a simple misplacement of the space character can totally destroy the pattern it is used in.

Customer support cannot help you if you have typo - unless you send in a problem report. Problem Reports (in the Help menu) attach your measurement set to the email automatically, so we can see what was typed (or mis-typed). I have not yet seen a problem report from you, so you should do that next. A mis-typed measurement cannot be tracked down any other way.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi again --

I used a DS standard size 12 bodice pattern specifically to avoid any data entry problems. I also printed the same pattern piece on an HP laser printer.

The HP pattern is fine but the new Epson is clearly getting the wrond message somewhere.

How do I send a request for help, I think that would work best.

Thanks