Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pants in DS8
 Login/Join

posted
I just upgraded to 8 and printed a recent saved pants pattern. New pants shape is very different from DS7. For example, the pattern curves out in the high hip, whereas my body is relatively flat in that area. The front darts don't extend to my ab line but are very short and look inadequate. Where can I get clues to how 8 drafts differently from 7, so I know where to start tweaking measurements? I don't know where to begin to deal with this.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just upgraded to 8 and printed a recent saved pants pattern. New pants shape is very different from DS7. For example, the pattern curves out in the high hip, whereas my body is relatively flat in that area. The front darts don't extend to my ab line but are very short and look inadequate. Where can I get clues to how 8 drafts differently from 7, so I know where to start tweaking measurements? I don't know where to begin to deal with this.

The web page on the Livingsoft web site that describes the upgrade has links to a number of web pages that talk about pants. Start with this one:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DS8/DS8Pants.htm

It has links to others. There were many rather substantial improvements in the way pants patterns draft and they will require some changes to your charts. The good news, though, is that if you read the web pages above, you should find that pants patterns are much more adjustable, controllable, and can produce a much better fit than ever before. Good luck...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That's exactly the kind of info and detail I was looking for.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post