Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Looking for pattern making software
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for pattern making software
 Login/Join

posted
I have been considering pattern software for a couple of years, and just learned about Livingsoft. Any comparisions to other products?

I am interested in getting software that will give me confidence in cutting my handwoven fabric. Does anyone have experience using this software with handwoven fabric? I appreciate any feedback to help me make a decision Smiler
Thanks,
Pam in ABQ

(P.S. this is my first attempt at posting...)

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I had time logn ago.I used to weave and spin....and my hand woven fabrics were as precious as gold.

Pattern drafting software allows you to make a pattern and you make all the decisions about every element of yoru design.

This includes if you should accept the default ease values, design lines or adjust them for both the shape and fit level you want but for personal preferences and the type of fabric used.

YOUR preference may not be the designers prerence for fit ease or length or even collar shape.

Never print cut and sew handwoven anything without a "trial" garment first.

My Pattern Designer Is easy to learn, offers the greatest design flxibility and has the maximum in user choices.

The pro version offers a 62 number measurement chart ( download the free demo and play with it) and you can start with a measurement wizard and adjust and fine tune as you work with it.

The user interface is friendly, the help and support is quite incredible.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post