Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    version 8 full product download
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

version 8 full product download
 Login/Join

posted
I bought version 8 in Nov. 2010 and downloaded it successfuly..I've had surgery since then and now want to get back to my sewing. I did not see the icon on my desktop. Went to my c drive and found ds8 on my computer but am unable to install it. Tried downloading the full product again from the website...to no avail...how do I get my money back. I have a lot of discs from the old versions (versions 5,6 )but they don't work either. I'm stuck with nothing. I don't know who to call to get this resolved. I was one of the people who bought into the company in the early days.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Maria,
The full product download does install from the downloads page at DS Home page
http://www.livingsoftnw.com/

You do not mention which computer operating system you are using.

IF you have upgraded to Win7 you must be in administrator mode to both download and Install. ( see Control panel- user accounts)- this is a Windows feature nothign to do with Dress Shop or other programs you may own.

Once you have completed the download you must Install the program.

Then you must activate, set your preferences and page set up all found under File. Activation is automatic when you use the retrieve my codes feature.

Im sorry but a refund is not given this long after purchase. if you send me a private email (patrns4u@aol.com) so I can track your account for you and give me the operating system you are using I may be able to help you.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought version 8 in Nov. 2010 and downloaded it successfuly..I've had surgery since then and now want to get back to my sewing. I did not see the icon on my desktop. Went to my c drive and found ds8 on my computer but am unable to install it. Tried downloading the full product again from the website...to no avail...how do I get my money back. I have a lot of discs from the old versions (versions 5,6 )but they don't work either. I'm stuck with nothing. I don't know who to call to get this resolved. I was one of the people who bought into the company in the early days.

Methods for getting help are available from the Livingsoft web site's Help page. There are links to that on every page of the Livingsoft web site. You should certainly start there.

In order to get useful help, you will need to provide a bit more detail than you have in this note. You found "DS8", but it will not install? The download file for Dress Shop 8 from last November was "DS8_04_Download_Master.exe". Was that what you found? If not, then you are looking something other than the Dress Shop install file. If that was what you found, in what way did it not work? Did you get an error message when you tried to run it?

You also state that when you tried downloading again, it was "to no avail". What does that mean? Were you unable to download and if so, why? Downloads do require a reasonably fast Internet connection to be successful. Are you using a dial-up modem or some type of high-speed Internet?

Or, were you able to download it, but found that it would not install? That might mean a conflict with your system's security software and could also depend on what type of computer and version of Windows you are using. Did it have some error when the install ran? That would mean you had a corrupted file and that probably means a bad or noisy Internet connection. It could also mean you have hard drive errors or a virus that is corrupting files that you download.

It really is difficult to give you any useful advice without knowing more about specifically what problem you are having.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your prompt response. I will try to answer all of your questions but it will take me some time. I am not saavy with the computer.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post