Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skirt Closures
 Login/Join

posted
Can you tell me why on the skirt closusres for the A-line skirt, the flared skirt and some of the gore skirts, there is no closure option. The only options that come up when I choose options for those skirts are fitted or elastic. No buttons, zippers or other options.

I have DS 8.04

Thanks
Shirley

Posts: 23 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The A Line skirt at default (seam at center with balanced flare) has angled seams due to the flare on all seam edges., Not ideal for a button closure and any seam can handle a zipper closure in the seam allowance.

If you first go to shaping under Options after selecting an A Line skirt and select folded at center and then closures you get the full list of closure options for skirts

Kaaren.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you tell me why on the skirt closusres for the A-line skirt, the flared skirt and some of the gore skirts, there is no closure option. The only options that come up when I choose options for those skirts are fitted or elastic. No buttons, zippers or other options.

There are two versions of the aline and flared skirts. One has angled seam lines on both sides. That version has no closure option. In Options - Shaping and Finish, there is a radio button to select "Folded at center (waist darts & button closure". That option supports both waist darts and a variety of closure options. The default flared skirt option - "Seam at center (balanced flare)" - does not.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post