Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Problem with New update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with New update
 Login/Join

<Kate Dickson>
posted
I've been trying to send a problem report, but have not been able to do so. I downloaded DS 8:03, and notice that there is a problem with the shoulder princess line - I checked the blouse, bodice and jacket and the same thing is happening with all. On the side pieces, the shoulder extends about 10 ", and then joins up below where the armscye should be. I realize this might not be clear, if you need me to send a problem report, let me know and I will keep trying to do so.
Kate Dickson

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops- see it and it is reported
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am seeing the same thing with the princess blouse. Not a measurement problem - haven't changed a thing since my last shoulder princess pattern was printed and made.

Joan in Concord, CA

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a somethign wrong with it and it is reported.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I downloaded DS 8:03, and notice that there is a problem with the shoulder princess line - I checked the blouse, bodice and jacket and the same thing is happening with all. On the side pieces, the shoulder extends about 10

We found and fixed this problem (caused by the changes for the pleated neckline included in build 8.03). The fix will be included in the next update. If you need to do a shoulder princess pattern sooner, you can get the fix with this patch:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/bu.../DS8_03_Princess.exe

This is a self-extracting WinZip file. Run this to install and it will unzip to the default Dress Shop folder location. If you have Dress Shop installed elsewhere, be sure to change the "Unzip To" folder appropriately when you install.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will you please post a file to download that does not require Winzip software to unzip? I don't have that software so I can't open this file. Thank you!

Posts: 10 | Location: Rock Hill SC | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will you please post a file to download that does not require Winzip software to unzip? I don't have that software so I can't open this file. Thank you!

It is a self-extracting file. You run it to install. Ownership of WinZip is not required.

If it will not install on your system, then the problem is with your Windows security settings. Vista, for instance, does not like WinZip to put files on your hard drive. Can't help you there. Try beating Vista with a stick, maybe. or, look for the security settings and tell it to let you run what you want to run.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive got a tip for you to get around Vista

go to control panel-find User Accounts-
1. change your account Type to administrator- you will have to create an easy password if you havent already.
2. Turn OFF user accounts

Now according to Vista you are all grown up and permitted to add or delete files without the system chiming in and stopping you or placing your files where its wants them instead of where you want them.

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Tried to run the update DS 8.03 Princess. Got an error stating: 'Can't create output file'
Have XP not Vista
Have not had problems downloading updates before.

Thanks
Shirley

Posts: 23 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Ive got a tip for you to get around Vista

go to control panel-find User Accounts-
1. change your account Type to administrator- you will have to create an easy password if you havent already.
2. Turn OFF user accounts

Now according to Vista you are all grown up and permitted to add or delete files without the system chiming in and stopping you or placing your files where its wants them instead of where you want them.

Thank you Kaaren! Your suggestion worked for me as I have Vista. I was set up as administrator but that still was blocking this download, so once I turned user administrator off I was able to download the file.

Posts: 10 | Location: Rock Hill SC | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please make sure the program is closed. I tested this just before it was posted and it downlaoded and installed just fine.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com