Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Activating New Livingsoft purchases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Activating New Livingsoft purchases
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
Hello all,

We've been getting 2 or 3 cases a day lately of people having difficulties activating their upgrade or latest collection purchase. The reason is always the same, so I thought I should remind everyone of the 3 steps it takes to get a Livingsoft software release working. Those are:

1. Buy it.
2. Install it.
3. Activate it.

Step 2 keeps getting missed, so please, please, please - visit the Livingsoft web site's download page. Download and install the latest update or Full Build. If in doubt, get the Full Build. It does not take much longer to download and is the same size on your computer once it is installed.

You need to do this every time we release a collection or upgrade. Those new patterns will not be on your computer until you install that latest software update. If you ever have an activation code fail or some product just not show up when you expect it to, always check that you have the most recent update installed before you contact us for further help.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did as you said and went to the Downloads page on the DS website. When I clicked on the upgrade to DS 7, I got a warning on my computer that this type of file could harm my computer. I am running the 64 bit Windows 7 ( and don't like it!!). Yesterday I purchased DS 9 but got a blue screen as I attempted to download it. Needless to say, my DH is getting aggravated about all my sewing/computer problems that he has to fix. Anymore suggestions? Oh, and DS 9 would not open at all. I filed an error report in DS and in MPD because there was no way to get into the program. I am looking forward to seeing the new techniques of 9.

Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Windows 7 issues- here is what I have learned and hope it can help you:

1. You MUST be in administrator mode NOT user account mode to download and install a program - especially ours. ( see: control panel) I stay in admin mode all the time always even though a pop up screen appears to check user accounts. I am not in a corporate setting I own this beast and intend to use it my way.
Just close the reminder and continue what you are doing.

2 You should turn off your anti virus and firewalls. You can put them back on after the install.

3 Some of our files particualry .dll's are not known to microsoft so they force a warning message- they are fine say OK.

4. Once you have downloaded and installed per the on screen directions go to Start> find the program right click on it and select run as administrator.(you should only have to do this once)

5 open DS and or MPD go to file Settings - set preferences
do the automatic retrieve codes
do page set up

You should now be able to work on both programs sucessfully.

I get all MPD problem reports and have not seen one from you that I am aware of. So you didnt get an answer from me.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post