Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Version 7
 Login/Join

posted
Santa brought me a new computer and it has turned out to be a mixed blessing. I have never loaded a new one with all the programs I have and I want to do it correctly, therefore, I need to know the procedure for downloading the most current of the programs I have with you so that I won't be transferring the old stuff onto the new machine. Do you have instructions somewhere that I can print and follow? Thanks to all,
Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi- this is easier than you can imagine. first on your old computer copy the my measurements charts and patterns to a thumb drive. OR you can colelct your charts that you want to keep and simply email them to yourself.

Go to the Home page for livingsoftnw for Dress Shop then downloads and pick up the version 7 FULL BUILD.

Install per the on screen directions.
Go to File- >setting- set preferences, including show complete chart, settings once again and retrieve codes. Finally file one more time and do your page setup.

Now repeat with MPD-

If you email yourself the charts or patterns- open an email to yourself, click attachments and located your charts by going to
c
program files
dressshop > DS
My Measurements
click to highlight each chart
and send
repeat for MyPatterndesigner>MPD> My Measurements

when you open the email on the other computer just make sure you place them correctly
came way
C
Program files
program name
short name
MyMeasurements

voila.. up and running.for both programs including download and install time last time I did it on a high speed broadband conenction took less than an hour - I used a stick drive ebcuase I have sooooooooo many charts on both programs.I also picked up all MYPatterns that I have saved over the years.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify a bit....

The default folder for Dress Shop is:
c:/Program Files/Livingsoft/DressShop/

The personal files to get there are:
MyDSSettings.txt (optional - replaced if you select options again)
MyDSMeasurements.txt (crucial)
MyDSActivations (also optional - replaced if you activate again)

For My Pattern Designer, the default folder location is:
c:/Program Files/My Pattern Desigenr/MPD/

The personal files there are:
MPDSettings.txt (optional -rebuilt as you select them)
MPDMeasurements.mea (optional - rebuilt if you load a chart)
MPDA.cfg (optional - rebuilt if you activate again)
MyPatterns folder and everything in it.
MyMeasuremetns folder and everything in it.

Hope it all makes sense. It is easier than it sounds when written out this way....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops.....I have Windows Ver. 7Home and DS ver 8. I assume the process would be the same. Should I print out all my purchases and the ID numbers or will that happen automatically? Another thing, is one Windows ver7 better than another for doing sewing stuff?

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same method any upgraded windows version
auto retrieve works it will colelct your activation codes and insert them in the program just give it time.use your registered email and password, and allow enough time to conenct, find your account, grab the codes and put them in - it may take several minutes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
oops.....I have Windows Ver. 7Home and DS ver 8. I assume the process would be the same. Should I print out all my purchases and the ID numbers or will that happen automatically? Another thing, is one Windows ver7 better than another for doing sewing stuff?

Windows 7 does complicate things a little, but not much. You should make sure you are running in administrator mode and it may be necessary to disable User Account Controls (see Control Panel - User Account). I am not certain about that last bit. Vista requires that. I think Win7 does, but have not hand copied files to it, so I am not certain.

Regarding Dress Shop 8 - the files you copy are quite different. But, looking at your account, I do not see any record that you have purchased Dress Shop 8.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased it for the $89 upgrade. If you can't find it, I will have to purchase it again as a full download because I don't want to install it on top of the Ver 2-7 that I have. I want to keep this machine as clean as possible Smiler

posted Hide Post
Hmmm...must have purchased it in my brain but not in my wallet. I opened my program and it said 7.02. Weird. Since the fire last Sept, I have been so discombobulated. We got our last load of stuff back yesterday and I am back to unpacking boxes. My sewing room is the last to get organized but I can see it happening in the next couple of weeks. Whoopee.

Kelly