Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mpd cbd
 Login/Join

posted
I am using the latest update of mpd. I used the sloper for my first fitting. Of course I need a cbd. There is no option for this and I need to pull in 2 extra inches. So once I take in the 2 inches, the side seam definately do not reach the sides.

Do I use the fitted pants then? I printed them out and compared to my 1/4 of the sloper and there are lots of differences.

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jacqui, there is a CBD in MPD, go to the options, darts...Advanced..and back dart choices...you will find it there. I cannot live without that either!

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Gates:
I am using the latest update of mpd. I used the sloper for my first fitting. Of course I need a cbd. There is no option for this and I need to pull in 2 extra inches.

Jacqui -

Just making double sure that are using MPD since the message was posted under Dress Shop. In MPD I used the Slim Fit pant for my sloper. It is basically the same pant with the Center Back Dart option activated.

HTH
Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when I'm in the fit test patterns mine is greyed out. Is your's not?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Gates:
when I'm in the fit test patterns mine is greyed out. Is your's not?

Sorry ... that's the first pattern I bought with pattern credits since I knew that was the fit I wanted.

Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am using the latest update of mpd. I used the sloper for my first fitting. Of course I need a cbd. There is no option for this and I need to pull in 2 extra inches.

Go to darts> center back waist dart and enter the total you need- note the number showing add 2" and click show it.Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am working on the sloper (fitting pattern) in mpd and on "MY" computer it is greyed out. I know with fitted pants etc, it is available, but shows greyed out in the sloper.

posted Hide Post
At this time -Use the slim fit pant which allows you to adjust the center back waist dart.Once you have the crotch adjustments made to your liking with the sloper.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The slim fit is not one of the standard pro patterns, and I was too excited and used up all my credits and until I get pants that fit I refuse to buy any more patterns.

posted Hide Post
I will happily give you a few of my credits if this is possible....anyone?

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the offer? But won't you need them?
Bob/programmer. Is there any way to make the cbd stick. I just made a pair of pants, had put the cbd in, the programme unexpectedly shut down I went in to print and forgot the cbd. Damn, I actually feel these pants might have been wearable. I'm not afraid to go into my .ini file and change things! It is really getting to be a pain. For me the cbd is the one thing that is saving my from throwing this program out the perverbial window!!

posted Hide Post
Jacqui: I was fortunate enough to get the 25 credits when I signed up for MPD Pro...and I made such simple things, pants, blouses...well, that's about it! I can easily afford to give you a few credits if Livingsoft will allow me to...
I noticed with the CBD that when you save the pattern, it will save the cbd...but if you don't save it, and start again, it reverts to default settings. Once you think you have a pants pattern you want to keep, even if you may need to tweek a little on it later, save it and give it a name you recognize. You can still alter it, but you will not have to start at square one again. HTH. Michele

posted Hide Post
Michelle, what a great answer. Ok, I will save the pants and then make changes. I still wish though that for my measurement chart I could save the cbd. I would love to take you up on your offer if Livingsoft will approve, and thank you for your very generous offer.

posted Hide Post
I just checked and it seems I was wrong. I entered 3 9/16 for my cbd whereas default was 2 9/16...I saved the pattern, reopened it and the cbd was back at 2 9/16 again. So you do have to change it everytime you use it...sorry about that. What's up with this, shouldn't it save our changes??? Anyone???

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just checked and it seems I was wrong. I entered 3 9/16 for my cbd whereas default was 2 9/16...I saved the pattern, reopened it and the cbd was back at 2 9/16 again. So you do have to change it everytime you use it...sorry about that. What's up with this, shouldn't it save our changes??? Anyone???

The posts on this topic have been appearing in the Dress Shop forum and some Dress Shop users do not like to receive posts about MPD topics. So, if you wish to continue this discussion further, please start a new thread on the MPD forum.

Briefly, though, in answer to all the posts about this:

1. Center back dart width is saved with any saved pants pattern. It is also restored when you load that pattern again using the File - Load Pattern option. It certainly will not be restored if you select a pattern from the default pattern catalog, though.

2. Allowing the pants sloper to have dart options has long been discouraged, as some users would manually alter their dart width, rather than correcting their measurements. This completely invalidates the whole purpose of the sloper - to get the measurements right in the first place. But, the center back dart should probably be an exception to that. So, the next update of MPD will allow some pants dart options with the pants sloper, including center back dart width. That update is scheduled for later this month.

3. Pattern credits may be exchanged between accounts. This is an accounting hassle and we would prefer to do it rarely, but Michelle Stanford's pattern credit count has been reduced by two and Jacqui Gates' pattern credit account has been increased by two.

Please do not post any further replies to this thread in the Livingsoft forum.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post