Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

jumper darts & ease
 Login/Join

posted
remember the day before everything was oversized & unfitted? well I need a new jumper. I don't want it overfitted but I would like it to hang nice.
I have DS7Pro & MPD Pro.
I want a scoop neck, with a waist dart in front (gathered or pleated skirt). Can I do this with the jumper pattern or do I need to make a dress pattern & add a little ease?

The reason I want waist darts is so it doesn't pull the plaid off grain at the waist line.

Thanks

MPD Pro DS Pro 7.02, Pattern Library (1-14 & up through 1046), FD1&2, UP, UO, Hat Shop, Doll Shop Deluxe, Princess Designer, Fit Tool, illusions, Hat shop, Spring & Summer 2005, Activewear II Windows XP, IE 6 CanonS520 Men's Essentials

Posts: 59 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carol, the jumper has darts that you want and you can choose different fit levels under options.
Good choice since more fitted styles are in now.

k

Posts: 203 | Location: mailto:kaydavid@verizon.net | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kay,

I thought that too but it gave me BIG darts in back (I must have DD shoulder blades Wink) . Next time I would leave those off (the back darts)

I tried redrafting & it didn't want to give me darts at all & if it did they didin't come to the waist. I tried several times. I closed the program & reopened. I think I even turned off the computer. I'll work more on it today.

thanks for your quick response & I'll work on it a little more this afternoon. I need this jumper. Besides my stash is taking over the house & I'm almost naked! Eeker (have been donating clothes & should have been paying more attention)

MPD Pro DS Pro 7.02, Pattern Library (1-14 & up through 1046), FD1&2, UP, UO, Hat Shop, Doll Shop Deluxe, Princess Designer, Fit Tool, illusions, Hat shop, Spring & Summer 2005, Activewear II Windows XP, IE 6 CanonS520 Men's Essentials

Posts: 59 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carol, if your body is anything like mine, we have to get clothes on you fast, lol.

One thought.......maybe draft one fit level for back and another for front? Don't know if it will work, but it may.

Also if the darts are not long enough, maybe there is an option to change the length........and of course there is also the pencil.

You may want to send a problem report to Kaaren if it isn't drafting correctly.

I just read the latest Threads mag and there is a fabulous article on Portland and all their fabric. You must be near there with your stash. lol I would love to spend a week there and shop.

k

Posts: 203 | Location: mailto:kaydavid@verizon.net | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A jumper can be very fitted- select a jumper pattern 16 with a darted waist adds the 2 and the skirt type of your choice.

The use the option tools under darts and fit/ ease to elect the number of darts and any adjustments to them for take up, length and position for the side dart as well as the Fit level for a standard or semi fitted style.

You could for instance elect to draft with 2 darts per side in the back,mark both yet only sttch out 1(closest to center) to add a little "extra flow ease" from waist to hip- when you try the garment on if it seems to loose,stitch in the 2nd dart.

Add or subtract ease at waist abd and hip as desired.

Not only can you use the fit level you want but you can micro manage what that is.

First you have to have a clear concept of where you are starting and just as clear a concept of where you want to go.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kay (speedy):
Carol, if your body is anything like mine, we have to get clothes on you fast, lol.

One thought.......maybe draft one fit level for back and another for front? Don't know if it will work, but it may.

Also if the darts are not long enough, maybe there is an option to change the length........and of course there is also the pencil.

You may want to send a problem report to Kaaren if it isn't drafting correctly.

I just read the latest Threads mag and there is a fabulous article on Portland and all their fabric. You must be near there with your stash. lol I would love to spend a week there and shop.

k

that might work and it might set the side seams all a skew.....I personally would not approach this fit issue this way.

You can easily match similiar base patterns such as a princess front and sheath type back- BUT with the same fit level, shoulder extensions and lengths, arm hole ease, etc.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post