Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Burda 8/2005 Pant design
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burda 8/2005 Pant design
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Tina,
I checked the pattern vs. my sloper, but I was able to use the Burda WOF pattern as is since it is made with a knit. It is somewhat forgiving - and you want the twist to be slightly snug (not tight) in order to wrap around the bust without gaping.

Laura

Posts: 15 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kathryn in MN>
posted
I tried the 'www.GLPnews.com' and get a connection refused message.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got in. http://www.glpnews.com
Maybe it hiccupped for a minute.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tina, are you talking about the Burda World of Fashion or the Blouses, Skirts & Trousers? It appears the Blouses, Skirts & Trousers is published in german, french & russian. Thanks Tessa, the WOF is published in english.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tessa, I heard about the McCall's pattern too, but didn't find it on line. Actually I saw something similar at http://www.patternreview.com (I think). A person showed what she did in PMB to make a twist top that fit her. Seeing her pattern helped.

I have been experimenting with another trendy top (seam and gathers under the bust). I have succeeded in making a DS version by morphing the two patterns. My new pattern fits, but the style is not flattering, so I probably won't make the final garment.

Nevertheless, I think I can look at the PMB pattern, use what I learned in my recent experiment, and come up with something close. Sometimes it just takes a leap of faith and a willingness to try. The failures are learning experiences and the successes are garments to enjoy.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found McCalls 4652 dress mentioned on PatternReview and this direct link works. They don't have it on the website when you browse through the styles but it should still be in the books in store if you hurry. It is obviously discontinued for Autumn/Winter.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a site to see photos from the Burda magazine. The writing is in German, but the photos are in a very universal language. Wink

Burda magazine

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pants I made are the grey ones with the two contoured bands at the waist

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post